Here’s Your First Look at the Officially Licensed PlayStation 4 Pro Controllers
Just a couple of days ago, Mark Cerny announced that Sony had no plans to create a PlayStation 4 “Elite” controller. However, it sounds like they’re not opposed to third parties doing it: Sony announced today a partnership with Razer and Nacon to work on PlayStation 4 “Pro” controllers with the eSports player in mind or someone who simply wants a to step up their game.
The goal with the Razer and Nacon collaboration is to provide a controller meant for the eSports professional, designed with the durability and comfort needed for tournament play.
The Razer Raiju will sport the following features:
- Two extra bumpers and two extra detachable triggers
- Built-in control panel on the front of the controller
- Trigger-stop switches and hair trigger mode for ultra-fast trigger responses
- Two custom profiles which you can instantly switch between and modify
- 3.5mm headset jack and dedicated headset volume and mic mute controls
- Detachable analog stick rubber caps which provide extra grip during intense gaming sessions
- Compatibility with all PS4 systems via the braided 3m-long USB cable – detachable for easy storage
The Razer Raiju will launch this holiday season. No price has been given so far.
The Revolution Pro Controller from Nacon includes these features:
- 46° amplitude dual analogue sticks, enhanced with innovative firmware for advanced eSports accuracy and reach
- Four extra shortcut buttons
- Eight-way directional pad
- Four custom profiles – all configurable via the companion PC application, enabling players to: re-map buttons, assign macros to the four shortcut controls and adjust analog and trigger sensitivity
- Two internal compartments with six additional weights – for a tailored balance and feel
- Compatibility with all PS4 systems via the 3m-long secure connection USB cable – detachable for easy storage
The Revolution Pro Controller is also set for release this holiday season and again, no price was revealed.
Andrew Mason, Brand Manager for SEII commented on the Sony EU Blog about the controllers:
To give our competitive and pro players more choice, we invited Razer and Nacon to use their knowledge and expertise in developing eSports peripherals to design two unique pro controllers for PS4.
Through close collaboration we’ve been able to help optimise each controller for PS4 – incorporating innovative Dualshock 4 controls and ensuring gamers can enjoy a plug & play experience with any model of PS4.
Each controller offers a different layout and range of unique features – so competitive gamers can find one which best compliments and adapts to their unique gameplay style.