If you have already updated your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 via our guide on updating your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to XXDMC3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware. Here is how you can root your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 running XXDMC3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official firmware.
In order to root your Android device, we will require to flash CF-Auto-Root kernel to your phone. This will root your device. However, in this process you may lose your personal data and settings.
Please do also note that once your device is rooted, you warranty will be considered void by the OEM. You can, however, reclaim the warranty by re-applying official firmware update.Advertisement
Guide to Root XXDMC3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 2 N7100
- Download and extract CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip. You will obtain a CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.tar.md5 file in the unzipped folder.
- extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe.
- Switch your phone off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete the power down cycle.
- ou will then put your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down button, alongside Home and the Power button. A screen will then come up; warning you about entering into Download Mode, press the Volume Down key to continue to enter Download Mode.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe with Administrator rights.
- Now that you are all prepared to root your phone, connect your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with your PC. You will then see a notification appear in Odin in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If for some reason, you do not see the said notification, try another USB port. If that too doesn’t work, then reinstall the USB driver. Once you successfully see the “Added!!” notification in Odin, you are good to go. Also, check for COM port being depicted by a number in ‘yellow’ to make sure that you have successfully added your device.
- Select these files in Odin at respective button:
- Click the PDA Button, and select the CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.tar.md5 file.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process is completed, the phone will automatically reboot and you will see a ‘Green’ PASS notification in the top-left-most box. You can unplug the device from the computer now.
Your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 running XXDMC3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted. If there are any issues, feel free to post in the comments section for our staff to take a look at it.