If you have not already updated your Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020 to XXBMA6 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, you can do so by following our guide. And following is how you can root your Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020 running XXBMA6 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official firmware.
Please do note that when rooting your device, you will be using CF-Auto-Root to flash your device. In this particular case, we will be flashing your Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020 running on XXBMA6 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware using ODIN. This will root your device. This process may result in a loss of data and settings of your device.
Please do also note that once your device is rooted, you warranty will be considered void by the OEM. You can, however, reclaim the warranty by re-applying official firmware update.Advertisement
- CF-Auto-Root file for N8020XXBMA6 Firmware [File: CF-Auto-Root-p4notelte-p4noteltexx-gtn8020.zip]
- Odin 3.07
Guide to Root XXBMA6 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020
- Download and Extract CF-Auto-Root-p4notelte-p4noteltexx-gtn8020.zip to get a file with .tar extension in the unzipped folder.
- You will then extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe.
- Switch your tablet off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete the power down cycle.
- You will then put your Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020 tablet in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down button, alongside Home and the Power button. A screen will then come up; warning you about entering into Download Mode, press the Volume Down key to continue to enter Download Mode.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe with Administrator rights.
- Now that you are all prepared to root your tablet, connect your Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020 with your PC. You will then see a notification appear in Odin in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If for some reason, you do not see the said notification, try another USB port. If that too doesn’t work, then reinstall the USB driver. Once you successfully see the “Added!!” notification in Odin, you are good to go. Also, check for COM port being depicted by a number in ‘yellow’ to make sure that you have successfully added your device.
- Select the following files in Odin at their respective button:
- Click the PDA Button, and select CF-Auto-Root-p4notelte-p4noteltexx-gtn8020.tar.md5 file.
- In Odin window, please ensure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Hit the START button to begin flashing your device.
- Once the flashing process is completed, the tablet will automatically reboot and you will see a ‘Green’ PASS notification in the top-left-most box. You can unplug the device from the computer now.
Your Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020 running XXBMA6 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted. If there are any issues, feel free to post in the comments section for our staff to take a look at it.