Guide to Root XDBMA2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 10.1 N8020 LTE
If you have already read our guide update your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8020 LTE to XDBMA2 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Official Firmware. And here is how you can root your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8020 LTE running XDBMA2 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Official firmware.
In order to root your Android device, we will require to flash a rooting kernel to your tablet. We will be flashing a rooting kernel in your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8020 LTE running on XDBMA2 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean official firmware using ODIN. This will root your device. However, in this process you may lose your personal data and settings.
Please do also note that once your device is rooted, you warranty will be considered void by the OEM. You can, however, reclaim the warranty by re-applying official firmware update.
- CF-Root for SG3 to root N8020XDBMA2 firmware [File: CF-Auto-Root-p4notelte-p4noteltexx-gtn8020.zip]
- Odin 3.07
Guide to Root XDBMA2 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 10.1 N8020 LTE
- Download and extract CF-Auto-Root-p4notelte-p4noteltexx-gtn8020.zip. You will obtain a CF-Auto-Root-p4notelte-p4noteltexx-gtn8020.tar file in the unzipped folder.
- extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe.
- Switch your tablet off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete the power down cycle.
- ou will then put your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8020 LTE tablet in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down button, alongside Home and the Power button. A screen will then come up; warning you about entering into Download Mode, press the Volume Down key to continue to enter Download Mode.
- NRun Odin3 v3.07.exe with Administrator rights.
- Now that you are all prepared to root your tablet, connect your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8020 LTE with your PC. You will then see a notification appear in Odin in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If for some reason, you do not see the said notification, try another USB port. If that too doesn’t work, then reinstall the USB driver. Once you successfully see the “Added!!” notification in Odin, you are good to go. Also, check for COM port being depicted by a number in ‘yellow’ to make sure that you have successfully added your device.
- Select these files in Odin at respective button:
- Click the PDA Button, and select the CF-Auto-Root-p4notelte-p4noteltexx-gtn8020.tar file.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process is completed, the tablet will automatically reboot and you will see a ‘Green’ PASS notification in the top-left-most box. You can unplug the device from the computer now.
Your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8020 LTE running XDBMA2 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted. If there are any issues, feel free to post in the comments section for our staff to take a look at it.