Here is our guide to update your Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 to UBLPA Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich Official firmware. And following is how you can root your Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 running UBLPA Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich Bean Official firmware.
In order to root your Android device, we will require to flash your Android device using ODIN. This will root your device. However, in this process you may lose your personal data and settings. This process is only meant to be used with your Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 and no other Android device.
Please do note that once your device is rooted, you warranty will be void; However, you can reclaim the warranty by re-applying official firmware update.Advertisement
- GalaxyTabHacks SuperUser.zip [File: GalaxyTabHacks.com_SuperUser.zip]
- Odin 3.07
- TWRP For Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 [File: recovery-TWRP-P4-P7500.tar]
Guide to Root UBLPA Android 4.0.4 ICS on Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe.
- Power off your tablet. Wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 tablet in Download Mode by pressing pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Home buttons while pressing the Power button. A screen will come up; press Volume Down key to continue to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator.
- Now connect your Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 with your PC using USB cable. A message will appear under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get it, then try another USB port. If that too doesn’t work, then reinstall the USB driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin, you are good to go. Also, check for COM port with a number in Yellow to make sure that you have successfully added your device.
- Select these files in Odin at respective button:
- Click the PDA Button, and select the recovery-TWRP-P4-P7500.tar file.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything. Hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process is completed, the tablet will reboot automatically and you will see a PASS message in the top-left-most box.
- Once smartphone gets turned back on, copy GalaxyTabHacks.com_SuperUser.zip file to the SD card of your phone.
- You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer and turn the tablet off.
- ReBoot into recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons together. You will then reboot into TWRP recovery screen. Here, use the ‘volume keys’ to navigate and use the ‘power’ button to execute an option.
- Choose ‘Install’ on TWRP recovery main screen, look for GalaxyTabHacks.com_SuperUser.zip file and tap on it. After confirmation, the root process will begin.
- Once complete, return to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the tablet.
Your Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 running UBLPA Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware is now rooted. If there are any issues, feel free to post in the comments section for our staff to take a look at it.