Below, you will find an easy to follow guide to root your Sprint Galaxy Nexus – SPH-L700 cell phone, using any official firmware. If you find any issues with the guide, or face any difficulties, feel free to mention them in our comments section.
In order to root your Android device, we will require to flash CF-Auto-Root in your In order to root your Android device, we will require to flash CF-Auto-Root in your Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 running any official Jelly Bean official firmware using ODIN. This will root your device. However, in this process you may lose your personal data and settings.
Please do note that once your device is rooted, you warranty will be void; However, you can reclaim the warranty by re-applying official firmware update.Advertisement
- CF-Auto-Root file for Galaxy Nexus L700 [File: CF-Auto-Root-toroplus-mysidspr-galaxynexus.zip]
- Odin 3.07
Guide to Root Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700
- Extract CF-Auto-Root-toroplus-mysidspr-galaxynexus.zip to get a file with .tar extension in extracted folder.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe.
- Power off your phone. Wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 phone in Download Mode by pressing pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Home buttons while pressing the Power button. A screen will come up; press Volume Down key to continue to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator because Admin rights are required to complete the process smoothly.
- Now connect your Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 with your PC using USB cable. A message will appear under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. Once you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin, you are good to go. Also, check for COM port with a number in Yellow to make sure that you have successfully added your device.
- Select these files in Odin at respective button:
- Click the PDA Button, and select the CF-Auto-Root-toroplus-mysidspr-galaxynexus.tar.md5 file.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything. Hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process is completed, the phone will reboot automatically and you will see a PASS message in the top-left-most box. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Your Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 is now rooted. If there are any issues, feel free to post in the comments section for our staff to take a look at it.