Galaxy S3 has achieved many a milestones for Samsung; it’s made record-breaking sales figures around the world and for the first time since the Android / iOS war started, has acquired the status of a rightful aspirant to the best smartphone throne vs the iPhone.
And now, our good friends in Brazil and Argentina region (alongside people all over the world, courtesy XDA) have started receiving the latest iteration of Android OS; I9300UBEMA1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on their cellphones. And here is a simple guide on how you can root it.
In order to root your Android device, we will require to flash CF-Auto-Root in your Galaxy S3 I9300 running I9300UBEMA1 firmware using ODIN. This will root your device. However, in this process you may lose your personal data and settings.
Please do note that once your device is rooted, you warranty will be void; However, you can reclaim the warranty by re-applying official firmware update.Advertisement
- CF-Auto-Root for root I9300UBEMA1 firmware [File: CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip] [Right Click – Save As]
- Odin 3.07
Guide to Root Galaxy S3 I9300 UBEMA Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
- Extract CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip – you will then see .tar extension under extracted folder.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe
- Power off your smartphone. Wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy S3 I9300 smartphone in Download Mode by pressing pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Home buttons while pressing the Power button. A Warning! screen will come up; press Volume Down key to continue to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe as an Administrator.
- Now connect your Galaxy S3 I9300 with your PC using USB cable. A message will appear under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get it, then try another USB port. If that too doesn’t work, then reinstall the USB driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin, you are good to go. Also, check for COM port with a number in Yellow to make sure that you have successfully added your device.
- Select these files in Odin at their tabs:
- Click the PDA Tab, and select the CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.tar.md5 file.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything. Hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
Once the flashing process is completed, the phone will reboot automatically and you will see a PASS message in the top-left-most box. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer. Enjoy the root!