Please, do keep in mind, that this rooting guide is meant for the Galaxy S4 version slated to be launched in the United States, Europe and some other countries of the world featuring; Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 600SoC containing a quad-core 1.9 GHz Krait 300 CPU and an Adreno 320 GPU. You can install a variety of custom and official ROMs on your AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 by going through our guides. And here is how you can root your AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official firmware.
In order to root your Android device, we will require to flash a rooting kernel to your phone. We will be flashing a rooting kernel in your AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware using ODIN. This will root your device. However, in this process you may lose your personal data and settings.
Please do also note that once your device is rooted, you warranty will be considered void by the OEM. You can, however, reclaim the warranty by re-applying official firmware update.Advertisement
- Motochopper.zip to root SGH-I337 firmware [File: Motochopper.zip]
Guide to Root AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 – How to
- Download and extract Motochopper.zip. You will obtain a CF-Auto-Root-sghi727-sghi727-samsungsghi727.tar.md5 file in the unzipped folder.
- Ensure that you have installed USB drivers for Galaxy S4 on your Windows PC.
- Turn ‘USB Debugging’ on, on your device.
- For WINDOWS: Open the extracted folder. Click to run “run.bat”.
- For Linux/OSX: Open extracted directory in Terminal, type and run; “./run.sh”.
- Let your computer connect with the Galaxy S4 via ADB.
Your phone will show that it is now rooted. Enjoy the root. If there are any issues, feel free to post in the comments section for our staff to take a look at it.