Guide to Install AOKP JB-MR1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Build 4 on AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-1747
The AOKP Team has come up with an updated AOKP JB-MR1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Build 4 custom ROM. This build supports a wide variety of Galaxy S3 versions, including the AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-1747. This version of AOKP rom is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and hence will allow you to run the latest iteration of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-1747.
Before installing this ROM, it is pertinent to mention that ROM flashing can cause your phone to brick. While, the majority of ROMs today prevent your device from getting bricked, it is still advisable to practice caution. Because it will be your responsibility in the event of your device getting bricked.
- AOKP JB-MR1 Build 4 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-1747 [File: aokp_d2att_jb-mr1_build-4.zip]
- Google Apps [File: gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip]
Guide to Install AOKP JB-MR1 Build 4 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-1747
- Connect your AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-1747 with the PC, via USB cable.
- Download the above mentioned AOKP JB-MR1 Build 4 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean file and copy it to the SD card of your phone, without unzipping it.
- Disconnect your phone and switch it off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to complete the power down cycle.
- Now, you will boot the AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-1747 into recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Click on ‘Install zip from sdcard’ option, then on ‘Choose zip from sdcard’. Once in directory, look for aokp_d2att_jb-mr1_build-4.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, you will need to re-do step 7, but choose gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized AOKP JB-MR1 Build 4 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Your phone will take a while to boot for the first time, after the installation of the new rom, do not panic!
You are now running AOKP JB-MR1 Build 4 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-1747. If you are facing any issues, feel free to mention it in our comments section.