GTA Online Heists Faces Server Issues
Many sources are reporting issues with GTA Online servers, as a result of heavy traffic of people trying to try out the new GTA Online Heists update. It appears the excitement for the new mode was a bit too much for Rockstar. Issues appear to be affecting both PSN and Xbox Live, indicating that the problem is on Rockstar’s side.
GTA Online Heists has been one of the most eagerly anticipated features for Grand Theft Auto V
GTA Online Heists have been an extremely anticipated feature, since the first reveal of GTA V, and fans were excited how the mode would turn out. The heists included in the single player campaign have been very well received, although the online aspects got pushed back, time and time again.
Rockstar until the recent announcement of the March 10th launch date, had previously remained quiet, in order to prepare the mode to their liking, and even if it eventually ended up quite different from what it was initially promised, Rockstar claims that it was for the best.
GTA Online servers are currently experiencing issues, #GTAOnlineHeists
— GTA News (@GTAonlineNews) March 10, 2015
If you get to try GTA Online Heists share your impressions
If you are able to experience the new update be sure to share with you thoughts, in the comments below.
Here are some of Rockstar’s suggestion regarding the issue:
Some players have found the following website useful for configuring ports with a static IP to attain a more open NAT type with many different router models: http://www.portforward.com
1. Make sure your router’s firmware is upgraded the latest version (very important).
2. Unplug your router for 10 minutes and plug it back in. Some older routers degrade in performance over time until it is rebooted, similar to a PC.
3. Disable any firewall or other network filtering for the game.
4. Enable or disable uPnP (universal plug and play) on your router or the console settings.
5. If you don’t care about security, enable DMZ (de-militarized zone) on your router for your console’s address. This turns off all of your router’s firewall features for that specific console.
6. Contact your ISP and ask them what your DNS settings should be. Check the Primary and Secondary DNS settings on your console. For more information, see: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connectadvance.html, http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/connection-error-solution
7. If you have a combination modem/router unit or ADSL, try setting the unit to “Bridge Mode” to bypass the router part of the hardware. If this fixes the issue, then you may be able to connect a second router between the combination unit and the console to dial the PPPoE connection.
8. If you use an ADSL connection, see if dialing a PPPoE connection from the console improves the NAT Type. Contact your hardware manufacturer manual or ISP for detailed instructions.
We will bring you more information regarding the state of the update as well as any future updates for GTA Online as soon as we get it.