Google Play Store Gets Smarter and Family-Friendly Starting Today
Google is bringing some family focused changes to the Play Store helping users find age appropriate digital content. Play Store served some 50 billion apps just last month and boasts having one billion active users daily! Once in Google Store, which gives a new meaning to information overload, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find just what you are looking for.
Google seems to finally have found a solution. A new Family button in the Store will help families find apps, games, movies, books and other appropriate digital content. In this new section, user will be able to search for the desired content by different age groups and interests.
New Google Play Store features releasing today:
Here are some of the changes that you can expect to find in the new Google Play Store:
- Section for each media type under the Family tab
- Browsing by age and interest
- Content in the top charts including apps, games, books and others also get family filter which means you will get different recommendations once you are in the Family section
- Clear pointers to help parents see which apps include in-app purchases and ads
- Family star badge will offer age rating for apps
- New Store will also be kid-friendly as searching through popular characters will be possible
While the major focus has remained to parental controls and kid-friendly Google Play Store browsing, there are some broader enhancements as well.
Like families, other users too will find smarter search in the Store as the search results will now be split into categories. These search categories are aimed at helping you quickly sift through a plethora of apps without going inside them for more details. Android users will also notice more personalization in the Store.
Google claimed that users will start noticing this new and enhanced Google Play Store from today. You can expect to see it over the next few weeks’ time if not today.