How to Create a Share Link for Photos & Videos in Google Photos
Here’s how you can easily create a share link for specific photos and videos in Google Photos for iOS, Android and the Web.
Create a Share Link and Simplify the Process of Sending Photos & Videos Over to Someone Else
Sharing photos and videos with friends and family members should be a piece of cake task. It shouldn’t involve you doing a ton of legwork such as attaching files to an email or something similar. It should be as easy as visiting a link on the Web, and from there, things should just take off.
Google Photos has simplified the process of backing up photos and videos by a huge margin. Things are taken through the roof when you come to realize how easy it is to share those backed up photos and videos with literally anyone at all. You can simply head over to a photo or a video, create a share link, and the other party can visit said link to view, or download, the content with ease. This negates the need to email huge files over in order to get things done.
Today, we will walk our readers through the process of create a simple share link so that they can share their photos and videos with others in a jiffy.
This method works on iOS, Android and the Web. It’s absolutely easy to follow and we have everything you need to know in the steps below.
Create Share Link Using Google Photos on Mobile
1. Assuming you have Google Photos installed and automatic backups enabled on your iOS or Android device, launch it.
2. Look for the photo and video you wish to share with anyone. If there are multiple photos and videos, select them by using the tap and hold gesture.
3. Once the content has been selected, tap on the little Share icon at the top of the page.
4. Now tap on Create link.
5. A link has been copied to the Clipboard, ready to be pasted anywhere.
Create Share Link Using Google Photos on the Web
1. Open the Google Photos website by going to the following link: photos.google.com
2. Once here, select the photos and videos you wish to share with anyone.
3. Once selected, click on the Share button on the top right hand corner.
4. Now click on Get link.
Removing Images from Shared Album
Although photos and videos are absolutely safe on Google Photos, but there are chances what you have shared might ‘leak’ out. In order to avoid this, remove the images from the Shared Album on both mobile and desktop. The links you created above will be rendered useless.
Head over to the Albums section on either mobile or desktop, then select Shared. Once here, delete the albums which you do not want to be associated with a shared link. It’s that simple.
There you have it. You now know how to share photos and videos from Google Photos with anyone else using an extremely simplified process. Just drop over a link, instead of the files themselves and you are good to go.