Quickly Get Home & Work Directions From iPhone 6s Home Screen – How To
Here’s how you can quickly get home and work directions directly from iPhone 6s home screen in a few easy steps.
Use 3D Touch To Get Home & Work Directions Efficiently On iPhone 6s
iOS has a lot of great mapping apps thanks to the hard work of both Apple and third-party developers. But when it comes to usage, only two services get the work done in the swiftest manner possible – Google Maps and Apple Maps. And today, we’ll show you a neat little trick which you utilize to quickly get directions back to your home, or your workplace, using the power of 3D Touch and iPhone 6s.
In order to get started, you need to install Google Maps first. Apple Maps, however, is a first-party app and you don’t need to install anything to get up and running with it. Make sure you launch both apps first and grant them both location access.
Setting Up Apple Maps For Home & Work Directions
1. Launch the Contacts app from your home screen and tap on your contact card at the top.
2. Tap on the ‘Edit’ button on the top right hand corner and add both your Home and Work addresses. Make sure these addresses are 100% correct otherwise nothing will work. Also, if you live in a country where Apple Maps is not properly supported then the ‘Directions Home’ feature will not work.
3. Save everything once you’re done.
Setting Up Google Maps For Home & Work Directions
1. Download and install Google Maps from the App Store and launch it. Make sure you grant it location access and sign into your Google account as well when prompted.
2. Drop a pin on your home location and set a ‘Label’ for it. Type ‘Home’ when prompted, and do the same for ‘Work’ as well. You’ll be required to enter your address so please do so, and make sure they’re correct.
3. Save everything once you’ve made the correct choices and changes.
Deep Press On The Icons To Get Directions For Home & Work
Simply deep press on either Apple Maps or Google Maps’ icon on the home screen to see a bunch of quick actions. Here you’ll see two new options – one for going Home, and the other for Work. Simply tap on either one and you’ll be taken to your destination right from where you’re standing currently.
This feature is absolutely useful if you’re asking us, especially if you’re stuck in traffic somewhere and want to know how long you’ll take to reach home or your workplace. Furthermore, it’s a great way to get out of a situation where you think you might end up being lost.
If you found the above guide useful, then do not forget to let us know about it in the comments section below.