Update Galaxy S4 I337 to Android 5.1.1 GamerROM Custom Firmware – How to
One of the best performance-oriented custom ROMs, Gamer ROM is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. If you are a user who is always looking out for the best performance and avoid usual customization and fancy options, this one is for you. Based on AOSP Android, this Lollipop custom ROM focuses on giving you an unbeatable fast and smooth experience.
There’s another reason to try out this custom firmware as not many Lollipop based ROMs have been released for Samsung Galaxy S4 I337. Following these steps you will be able to flash GamerROM Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy S4 model I337.
Remember, this is NOT an official Android 5.1.1 release from AT&T. It is expected we will soon see the official update coming but there are still no confirmed dates. So why wait when you can get the stock Android 5.1.1 feel with fast performance right now?
GamerROM Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM features:
- Fast UI
- New Design
- New Browser powered by Google Chrome browser
- New Launcher
- Send Text Messages etc with Google Messenger and more
- Pure android v5.1.1 SDK 22
Before you flash GamerROM Android 5.1.1, check to:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 i337 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Update Galaxy S4 i337 to GamerROM Android 5.1.1 custom ROM:
- Download the GamerROM Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM for Galaxy S4
Once you download and save the zip file on your computer, here are the steps to proceed:
- Connect Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the GamerROM Android 5.1.1 ROM and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 I337 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
- Ta da!