Galaxy S Advance I9070 XXLQ4 Android 4.1.2 Official Jelly Bean Firmware Update – How to
Galaxy S Advance I9070 has got its official latest XXLQ4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update rolling out. The software update is available for download via Samsung KIES. In case you want to download this update manually, continue reading this how-to guide to easily get the latest Galaxy S Advance I9070 XXLQ4 Android 4.1.2 update.
The I9070XXLQ4 Jelly Bean is more of a bug fix and a regular maintenance update. You can root this firmware in your Galaxy Advance device following this very easy tutorial. Please note this is an ODIN flashable and not CWM flashable update. Please read this tutorial carefully and follow all the pre-reqs instructions to save your important data and take other precautions to not get your device hard bricked.
Android 4.1.2 XXLQ4 firmware:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Pre requisites before updating Galaxy S Advance I9070 to Android 4.1.2 XXLQ4:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S Advance in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Development option to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S Advance carries more than 80% of charge.
Note: This update guide of stocking I9070XXLQ4 is using ODIN utility which only works in Windows OS. In case you are using Linux OS or Max OS, kindly use cross platform tool Heildall to flash this firmware update in your Galaxy S Advance device.
Files required: (Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean I9070XXLQ4 for Galaxy S Advance I9070 & Odin 3.07)
How to update Galaxy S Advance I9070 to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLQ4:
- Extract the earlier downloaded firmware zip to get a .tar file along with some other files.
- Also extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe and few other files.
- Switch your Galaxy S Advance off and wait for a few seconds to confirm the phone switch off.
- Put your Galaxy device in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power button simultaneously until Samsung logo appears on the phone screen. Wait for a couple of seconds and your smartphone will be in Download mode.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe file as an Administrator – admin privileges are needed for a smooth installation
- Now, connect your Galaxy S Advance I9070 device with PC using USB cable. You will get a “Added!!” message in the Odin’s message box. If you don’t, please try another USB port or reinstall the driver as last resort. When you see the Added message and also a COM port with number in Yellow then you are ready to move to next steps.
- Select the files below from I9070XXLQ4 folder in Odin at respective buttons (refer the picture):
- Click on the PDA button, select .tar file with *code* appearing in its name
- Click the Phone button to select file *modem* in its name – leave this, if there’s no such file.
- Click on the CSC button and select file with *csc* in its name – leave this too, if there’s no such file.
- Click the PIT button and select the .pit file. Use this step only if you got .pit file while extracting during the first step. Ignore it otherwise.
- In the Odin window make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. If you are using .pit file (4th step of last point), then also confirm that Re-Partition checkbox is selected too.
- Double check everything in last two point and once satisfied, hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Your Galaxy S Advance will reboot automatically and you will see a PASS message with green background in the Odin top-left box once the flashing completes successfully.
- Unplug your device from computer.
Congrats! Your Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 is now running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean latest firmware I9070XXLQ4 update. To verify it, go to settings > about phone.
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.