Samsung Has Ambitious Plans for Its Galaxy Note 8 – Aims to Sell 700,000 Units in the First Month of Release
Samsung is aiming for the heavens as it plans for the impending release of the Galaxy Note 8. According to a new report, the tech giant aims to sell 700,000 Galaxy Note 8 phablets during just the first month of the phone’s release. That is a very ambitious plan but the real question is with other flagship phones being unveiled, will the company have a chance to achieve that aforementioned statistic?
Samsung Working With Several Telecom Companies on Its Home Turf to Reach the 700,000 Sales Mark for the Galaxy Note 8
The 700,000 sales mark is currently limited to South Korea, which happens to be Samsung’s home turf. The statistics have not been released for the overseas market but looking at the success the tech firm is enjoying with the release of the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+, it would be surprising if the Galaxy Note 8 did not turn into a successful smartphone release in a few months, with millions of unit shipments in the bag.
During the first month, a report from News1 claims that Samsung will supply major Korean carriers like SK Telecom, KT, and LG U Plus with the necessary number of phones. The percentage of devices intended to be sold through carriers have been given below:
- 60 percent of Galaxy Note 8 64GB variants in late August
- 40 percent of Galaxy Note 8 256GB variants in late August
South Korea currently remains an exclusive smartphone market for the 256GB Galaxy Note 8 storage models so it might propel the company’s position to a whole new echelon and hence, allow Samsung to reach the sales target in the intended time frame.
With the announcement of the LG V30, do you think Samsung will have a chance to make this possible? Tell us your thoughts down in the comments.
You’d also like to check out:
- Galaxy Note 8 camera samples
- Samsung Is Offering Galaxy Note7 Owners a Massive Discount on Their Galaxy Note 8 Purchase
- Galaxy Note 8 Dual-Camera: How the New System Is Expected to Change Smartphone Photography
- Galaxy Note 8 vs Galaxy S8 vs Galaxy S8+ vs Galaxy Note7 [Specs comparison]
- Galaxy Note 8 Display Is So Stellar, It Receives an A+ Grade From DisplayMate