Here’s a Drop Test of Galaxy Note 7: Will It Survive the Gauntlet?
Galaxy Note 7 does feature a Gorilla Glass 5, and we were wondering if the flagship phablet will be able to survive this drop test video that you’re about to see.
Can You Guess the Outcome of the Drop Test for Galaxy Note 7?
Without spoiling anything for you guys, we want you to take a look at the video and then give us your comments. Just in case you were wondering, the Gorilla Glass 5 protects smartphones from a height of 1.6 meters, and it’s also been designed to protect the display of the device from scratches. For handsets not protected by Gorilla Glass 5, if it’s not the drop that will ruin the display, it will definitely be a rough display or the unforgiving end of a keychain.
Unfortunately, Gorilla Glass 4 does not offer this sort of protection and only provides protection till a height of 1 meter. While 1 meter is fairly sufficient to protect your phone, it’s the rough surface that it’s going to be susceptible to. In total, there are two chipset variants of Galaxy Note 7: the Snapdragon 820 and an Exynos 8890, and we have highlighted the only differences that you care to know between them.
- Exynos 8890: Running a quad-core M1 Mongoose processor running at 2.15GHz, and quad-core Cortex-A53 running at 1.5GHz. GPU is an ARM Mali-T880 MP12
- Snapdragon 820: Running a dual-core 2.15GHz Kryo and a dual-core 1.6GHz Kryo processor
The smartphone also comes with a 5.7-inch Quad HD display, and an S Pen that’s not going to get stuck if you insert in the wrong direction. We have provided you the video below, so let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
You might also want to check out the following:
- Samsung Shows Us How Galaxy Note 7 Has Changed In Comparison To Galaxy Note 5 In The Latest Detailed Infograph
- Galaxy Note 7 Official Image Gallery – Feast Your Eyes On Samsung’s Greatest Smartphone Yet
- First Camera Samples Of Galaxy Note 7 Have Appeared – Take A Look Right Here