Thread: Laptop in 30-35k??

Default Laptop in 30-35k??

I have a limited budget, and my needs are few. The laptop would be used for net, msoffice, movies and light gaming.

What can I get in this budget? I would prefer a new laptop.

I am in Lahore and before going to Hafeez Center, I would like to know what would be a reasonable laptop in this price.

Thanx.

Loading Signature... Please Wait
    If the Signature doesn't load after 5 secs, click here.

You can try :

The Dell Mini for under 30K

Acer Aspire One D255 for around 27K

HP Probook (I saw one on Galaxy going for around 27K)

Do you have any specific requirements? Like screen must be 15" or have a CD-ROM or something??
    "Ideas are bulletproof"- V

Well I would prefer atleast 14inch screen. The netbooks are definitely in my range, but I don't like the fact that they have very small screens and don't have dvd/cr-rom, so am trying to see if I can get a laptop in this range.

Someone was telling me that I might find a Core I3 laptop in this range, but every online pakistani site i have searched show I3 starting at atleast 40k?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Well I would prefer atleast 14inch screen. The netbooks are definitely in my range, but I don't like the fact that they have very small screens and don't have dvd/cr-rom, so am trying to see if I can get a laptop in this range.

Someone was telling me that I might find a Core I3 laptop in this range, but every online pakistani site i have searched show I3 starting at atleast 40k?
    yeh i agree with you, core i3 in 40K and core i5 in 45K minimum price just 5000 different between them WTF >: why don't they make big difference ? like i3 in 30K and i5 in 45K. very bad price policy.

search something second hand preferably in warranty? like if an i3 costs 40k brand new , a few months old on online classifieds should be around the maxima of ur budget?
    life

Check this:

https://www.facebook.com/GalaxyComputers?ref=ts

SPECS:

Processor: Intel® Core™; i3-330UM (1.20GHz,3M Cache)
    Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium
    Memory2: 2GB DDR3, 1x1GB DIM
    Chip set: Intel® GS45 + ISH9M SFF-enhanced
    Video Card: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD
    Display: 11.6'' True life™ W-LED Panel (1366 x 768)
    Audio and Speakers: Main Speakers (quantity): 2 x 1.0W
    Microphone – Integrated single digital microphone bundled with camera
    Hard Drive: Up to 250GB2 SATA hard drive (5400RPM)
    Optical Drive: External only
    Camera: Integrated 1.3M Pixel Webcam
    Wireless: Wi-Fi
    Blue tooth:Blue tooth® Internal (2.1+EDR) Mini-card
    Integrated network connector 10/100 LAN (RJ45)
    HDMI connector Yes

Price: Rs.36500/- With 12 months local warranty.

So I am sure you can get an i3 in this range

Aslam o Alaikum ..

A new core i3 dell laptop is available for Rs. 36500 on galaxy website (it states to also include genuine windows 7 operating system).

Galaxy Computers Home

Allah Hafiz

Thanks.. I'll pay them a visit and see. But this is still a net book with 11inch screen and no dvd/cd-rom.

I guess in my budget, my only option is to go for 2nd hand machines.

I have a limited budget, and my needs are few. The laptop would be used for net, msoffice, movies and light gaming.

I am in Lahore and before going to Hafeez Center, I would like to know what would be a reasonable laptop in this price.

Thanx.
    I bought a used HP Compaq 6910p notebook about 5 months ago from hafeez center for 20,000 and I am very happy with the deal. It is a very popular machine and I believe spare parts are easily available in market. My notebook has 80 Gb HD, Core 2 due processor and 1 GB ram. It is enough for me. My usage is also just like you. Windows 7 is running pretty well on it. I don't even play any games. If you want games then you can upgrade the Ram to 2 gb.

I suggest go for either HP or Dell because price is very reasonable and their spare parts are very cheap and easily available.(in case you have to repair them)

Thanx.
    Buy galaxy tab
    We are dust & to dust return in the end we're neither air nor fire nor water just DIRT ... & may be some yellow flowers.

"The world itself is the will to power - and nothing else! And you yourself are the will to power - and nothing else!"
    Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

The strong are good the weak are wicked. Men must be led by an iron hand in the velvet glove. There is only one thing to do in this world and that is to keep acquiring more and more money and power

When the crow is your guide, he will lead you to the corpses.

Quote Originally Posted by lahori191 View Post
    I bought a used HP Compaq 6910p notebook about 5 months ago from hafeez center for 20,000 and I am very happy with the deal. It is a very popular machine and I believe spare parts are easily available in market. My notebook has 80 Gb HD, Core 2 due processor and 1 GB ram. It is enough for me. My usage is also just like you. Windows 7 is running pretty well on it. I don't even play any games. If you want games then you can upgrade the Ram to 2 gb.

I suggest go for either HP or Dell because price is very reasonable and their spare parts are very cheap and easily available.(in case you have to repair them)
    Yea HP Compaq 6910p is still for around Rs. 20,000 and according to the shopkeeper, is selling like hot cakes these days.

Cateye tablets are nice, but I think a laptops are still better in many ways.

Anyhow, I bought the Dell Latitude E6400 for 30k:

Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26GHz (3mb L2 Cache)
    NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M 256MB DDR2
    4GB RAM
    250 GB Western Digital HDD (7200 RPM)
    14.1" WXGA+ (1440x900) LED Display
    DVD-ROM, CD-RW/DVD, DVD+/-RW
    10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet network interface adaptor
    56K v924 Internal Modem
    Intel WiFi Link 5100 [802.11a/g/n]
    Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth 2.1
    SD Card Reader
    Backlit Keyboard
    9-Cell Battery with 3hrs+ Standby

^brilliant machine. used it for a couple of times in office and really liked the build. I have the new one and its borders round the trackpad sucks , the trackpad got raped in few months and the hinges of screen have become loose while this older one looks much better and has an amazing design.
    life

Backlit Keyboard
    A 30K laptop with a backlit keyboard. Good buy I must say!

Thread Information