Thread: Worldcall in DHA Lahore

Don't know can u please email me my email address.

Default Worldcall in DHA Lahore

I am residing in DHA Phase 2 S block and i used to have worldcall cable internet few years back but left because of poor support for last 2 months(My internet would be down for most of the week). This was before the management change of worldcall. I was wondering if someone near S Block Phase 2 DHA or Phase 2 or in DHA Lahore can answer me the following questions about Worldcall cable internet(Please mention your area with response):

• How is their 4Mbps connection? What is average ******** speed you get? What is average upload speed?
    • Do they have any fair policy for their 4Mbps connection? If yes, what is the limit?
    • Does the cable internet goes down often in your area?
    • How is their support? How long does it take them to fix a problem?
    • Does your internet goes down when there are load shedding in nearby areas?
    • Does the internet still works after load shedding in your area?
    • Please provide any other information about their service in DHA Lahore if you can or any advice dealing with worldcall.

I am interested in these connections as i want to apply for a 4Mbps Worldcall connection. So any help regarding this would be very helpful.

NOTE: Please don't recommend PTCL as i have already have PTCL DSL at my house for more than a year. I am right now paying for 4Mbps connection for ptcl but i am currently connected to ptcl 2Mbps port as i asked them 2-3 times to upgrade my port from 2M to 4M but all times the same problem occurs that my internet does not even connect when they connect to 4M and as i have copper cable they say that the problem is in our line and i have to switch back to 2M to internet to work. The only solution they propose is to install fiber optic line but first it will be expensive and secondly i don't think it will still resolve the speed issue as they limit ******** speed in my area. The service for PTCL is pathetic in my area as i get 1M speed on my 2M connection currently and been complaining for many months but they keep making excuses and don't fix the problem.

I am not in DHA but I will rate WC services 7.5 / 10.

Using 4mbps upload speed 90 / 100 ******** speed 390 / 410

Usually internet works for half an hour after loadshading
    We are dust & to dust return in the end we're neither air nor fire nor water just DIRT ... & may be some yellow flowers.

"The world itself is the will to power - and nothing else! And you yourself are the will to power - and nothing else!"
    Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

The strong are good the weak are wicked. Men must be led by an iron hand in the velvet glove. There is only one thing to do in this world and that is to keep acquiring more and more money and power

When the crow is your guide, he will lead you to the corpses.

I live in DHA Phase 2, A Block. Went through the same cycle really: got the connection back in 2002 or so, left them in like 2006, then reapplied for the 4MB connection back in 2009.

How is their 4Mbps connection? What is average ******** speed you get? What is average upload speed?
    The disconnections have reduced significantly in the past few months, and the speeds are awesome: I get constant 450-500 kbps when downloading movies/shows from TorrentDay or BitSoup.

Do they have any fair policy for their 4Mbps connection? If yes, what is the limit?
    None; unlimited.

Does the cable internet goes down often in your area?
    It has been fairly stable I would say. Before winter there were regular disconnections, but its been relatively peaceful over the past few months.

How is their support? How long does it take them to fix a problem?
    Its the same grueling routine: you call them up, they give you a "complaint" number, and then forget about it. You scream and shout and curse, and they send an imaginary "tech support team" over that never arrives to look into the problem. I usually ask my dad, an ex-army officer, to talk to them in words they understand and it works 9 times out of 10. You just have to shout some low shots for them to get off their asses and look into whats causing the problem.

Does your internet goes down when there are load shedding in nearby areas?
    No, I have the modem on UPS and it works when there's no electricity.

Does the internet still works after load shedding in your area?
    Same as above.

Please provide any other information about their service in DHA Lahore if you can or any advice dealing with worldcall.
    I'd say its the best deal - I have cable TV, internet (4MB), and a wireless EVDO (512) on the same connection and I have to pay 2800 per month for all that. The only negative of course is their customer support and the bastards that take your call. If you can get past them, go for it.
    Drip drip from your sagging lip!

How is their 4Mbps connection? What is average ******** speed you get? What is average upload speed?

I absolutely love it. I get around 470 on avg and 560+ on well seeded private trackers. The upload speeds are deplorable though, and barely touch 50, so I use seedboxes.

-Do they have any fair policy for their 4Mbps connection? If yes, what is the limit?

None as of my knowledge. I ******** at least 300 GB per month.

-Does the cable internet goes down often in your area?

No. (I live in Shah Jamal)

-How is their support? How long does it take them to fix a problem?

Pathetic. A couple of abusive phone calls, and then around 4 days.

-Does your internet goes down when there are load shedding in nearby areas?

No

-Does the internet still works after load shedding in your area?

Yes

-Please provide any other information about their service in DHA Lahore if you can or any advice dealing with worldcall.

Worldcalls support is piss poor, though the service they offer is great. Cousins live in Defence and they're satisfied with it too.

Good luck!

Thread Information