Thread: EVGA GTX-260 Core 216 FTW Review - Feedback

Default EVGA GTX-260 Core 216 FTW Review - Feedback

Put in your feedback and comments here.

You can find the review here.
    The first witness is thine own consciousness ‐ See thyself, then, with thine own light

gr8 review, the ftw version is one hell of an oc

btw the GTX260 core216 on galaxy is not Supercloked version, i just checked it.
    Also the prices you have mentioned in the review might need correction:
    HIS 4870 1 Gig is 26k, u mentioned 26.5k
    XFX GTX280 is 35k, u mentioned 40.5k
    EVGA GTX260 Core216 (Standard Edition) is 28k, u mentioned 29k
    WCCF-WHERE CONSUMER COMES FIRST!
    [ INTEL E8400, E5400 ][ INTEL DQ35JO, DG41RQ ][ KINGSTON 2GB 667, 2GB 800 ][ SEAGATE 500GB, WD 640GB GREEN ][ ALTEC MX5021, CREATIVE M2600 ]
    [ PHILIPS LCD 190CW, COMPAQ CRT 19" ][ ASUS DVDRW ][ CM 500W +, gBOX 600W CHINA(2.5k) ]
    [ HP PAVILION DV6-3110SE -- I3-350M, 4GB, 500B, 5470 512MB, 15.6" ]

very nice and in-depth review.

however, the GT-200 architecture images look like they've been drawn using MSPAINT :P

جانے کب کون مجھے مار دے کا فر کہہ کر
    شہر کا شہر مسلمان بنا پھرتا ہے

^WoW I thought this wont get a single comment!
    anyways thanks! the review was done on the 28th Of december, thus the differences in price.

the Galaxy website does not list them as SC editions anymore, back than they did and i know of one person who did actually score a FTW edition. maybe that is why they lowered the price OR maybe they got a mixed batch, some vanilla, some SC some FTWs!

Quote Originally Posted by towelie View Post
    very nice and in-depth review.

however, the GT-200 architecture images look like they've been drawn using MSPAINT :P
    u got that right!
    i wanted to keep things simple, besides i am no artist! i only doodle.

and thanks!
    [COLOR="Red"][URL="http://sites.google.com/site/techreviewlinks/home"]My Reviews[/URL][/COLOR]

Really good review. i found the doodles entertaining....they encouraged computer novices like me to read on.
    And wow....no language mistakes.

After checking this review, I realized that my card is FTW Edition!

xcellent review sir ...

[ i7 920 @ 170*22 n 209*21 | ASUS P6T | TRUE 120 | kingston KVR @ 1333 CL8 | SPARKLE 460GTX 1GB 905/1065/1810 | CORSAIR TX 750W | CM 690 | VIEWSONIC VX 2433 | SGATE 1TBX2 ]
    SacrophaguS

Although this is an old review of an older video card, I'd like to post some comments so future reviewers might benefit of them. For FPS, any value more than 50-60 is overkill imho. The FEAR fps graph, for example, showing 200+ fps is therefore quite meaningless. If I'm getting 50-60 fps on my 8800 GTX then thats just fine because my eyes can't sense the difference after that. Some people might argue this point but rest assured that the occasional advantage of more fps is insignificant. All the top FPS gamers I've come across in my life have won and pwnt with average hardware, what the rich enthusiasts would consider weak. Next on, same goes for power consumption, a difference of 30 watts at full load means very little. In my book, all of it doesn't warrant spending close to 30k rupees to upgrade.

By the way, I'm curious to know, does a reviewer get any money for writing up this stuff? o_0
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think. - Adolf Hitler

Games I'm playing these days:
    - IL-2 Sturmovik: Pacific Fighters
    - Dragon Age II
    - Total War: Shogun 2

(PS: No, the man in my avatar is not Shahbaz Sharif.)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    Although this is an old review of an older video card, I'd like to post some comments so future reviewers might benefit of them. For FPS, any value more than 50-60 is overkill imho. The FEAR fps graph, for example, showing 200+ fps is therefore quite meaningless. If I'm getting 50-60 fps on my 8800 GTX then thats just fine because my eyes can't sense the difference after that. Some people might argue this point but rest assured that the occasional advantage of more fps is insignificant. All the top FPS gamers I've come across in my life have won and pwnt with average hardware, what the rich enthusiasts would consider weak. Next on, same goes for power consumption, a difference of 30 watts at full load means very little. In my book, all of it doesn't warrant spending close to 30k rupees to upgrade.

By the way, I'm curious to know, does a reviewer get any money for writing up this stuff? o_0
    I agree that >60 fps is an over kill and i did mention this fact (in one of my reviews). The point to include this game was, as many other reviewers continue to use this game (guru 3d is one which used it till quiet recently)is that old data is available and new data can be added to it.
    And also getting 200+ fps will do ur ego a lot of good

As for power consumption, 30 watts over a year is a LOT! and over the life of a card even more.

The upgrade did not cost me 30k. i sold off my 4870 for 26k, got this for less than that (as this was imported!)
    [COLOR="Red"][URL="http://sites.google.com/site/techreviewlinks/home"]My Reviews[/URL][/COLOR]

Thread Information