Flash XXUFNF4 Android 4.4.2 Official Firmware on Galaxy Note 3 – How to
Samsung has released latest official firmware update XXUFNF4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Galaxy Note 3. While the update is only available in the Malaysian region, you can choose to manually flash XXUFNF4 Android 4.4.2 on your Galaxy Note 3 or wait for it to become available as OTA update in your region. If you choose the former, here are the steps to help you update your Note 3 LTE on this latest official KitKat update.
XXUFNF4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat details:
Model name: GALAXY Note 3 LTE
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 12:15:26 +0000
Product Code: XME
Important: After updating, you can use this guide to root XXUFNF4 on Note 3.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to XXUFNF4 Android 4.4.2:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 3 LTE in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 carries more than 70% of charge.
Steps to flash XXUFNF4 Android 4.4.2 on Note 3:
Here are the steps to flash official XXUFNF4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 LTE:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your phablet with computer. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, select files:
- lick on AP / PDA and select file with CODE in its name.
- Click on CP/Phone and select file with MODEM in its name – ignore if you didn’t get any such file.
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name – ignore if you didn’t get any such file.
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file – ignore if you didn’t get any such file.
- Make sure to check Auto Reboot and F.Rest Time. Check Re-Partition only if you selected the .pit file.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 4.4.2 update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- Once you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and reboot it.
Once you have manually updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to this latest official firmware, you can then root Galaxy Note 3 on XXUFNF4 Android 4.4.2.