Get Better Performance and Battery Life with Nexify ROM for Galaxy S6 edge
Love the design and looks of Samsung’s Galaxy S6 edge, but want speed and battery life that the Nexus lineup offers? If that’s your dilemma, here is the perfect custom firmware that brings all things delicious from Nexus to your curvy Galaxy smartphone. Based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, Nexify custom ROM helps you turn your Galaxy S6 edge into a Nexus device. “This ROM is not feature packed instead it brings much better battery life, Performance and no Samsung crap,” is how the developer defines this custom ROM. Follow this guide to flash Nexify Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Samsung Galaxy S6 edge ROM.
Nexify Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Pure Nexus and Stock Android Experience
- Android N Emojis
- Fast and Smooth
Prerequisites to flash Nexify on Galaxy S6 edge:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to flash Nexify Galaxy S6 edge ROM
Required files: download Nexify custom firmware for Galaxy S6 edge G925F and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download Google Apps Package.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 edge to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S6 edge.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup backup> and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate Nexify Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S6 edge G925F into the new custom ROM. First boot may take a few minutes.
For more details, bug reports and support, visit the XDA thread.