Flash Chameleon ROM on LG Nexus 5 – Unofficial
Chameleon OS or ChaOS is a custom ROM for LG Nexus 5 that gives you complete control on your device. It is based on CyanogenMOD which gives you more control. What I like in ChaOD ROM is the Theme Engine and a true mix-and-match style of the theme.
One of the most notable features is a Launcher, it is being completely overhauled with tons of options that you’d normally need to download a third-party launcher for, such as home screen previews, folder sorting, and folder icon styles. In this article you will find a complete guide on how to Flash Chameleon ROM on LG Nexus 5.
Disclaimer: This guide will be using ‘CWM recovery’ as a tool to flash the official firmware on your LG Nexus 5. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for Flash Chameleon ROM on LG Nexus 5 – Unofficial. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Prerequisites to Flash Chameleon ROM on LG Nexus 5 – Unofficial:
- Download and install USB drivers for LG Nexus 5
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your device
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your LG Nexus 5 carries more than 70% of charge.
More ROMs For LG Nexus 5
How to Flash Chameleon ROM on LG Nexus 5 – Unofficial
- First step is to reboot your phone into Recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on the next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose a zip from SD card. That you copied earlier and select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, you need to re-do step 7, but choose Gapps .zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
- That’s it.