Install Candy5 Android 5.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 – How to
Another custom ROM joins the very small list of Android 5.1.1 custom firmware available for Samsung Galaxy S4. Following are all the details and flashing guide.
Candy5 Android 5.1.1 features:
My Custom Cake Kernel
Powered by SuperSU by @Chainfire
Custom navigation bar
Recents Panel Options
Clock and Date Options
Rotation 360 degrees
Custom Notification Lights
Lockscreen Notifications Per App
IME options from 4.4+
Disable Ime selector
Battery Saver mode coloring
Custom system animations
Full Sweetner Pack compatible
ALL of CM’s Latest Feature Additions
As you can see, Candy5 Android 5.1.1 is packed full of features including battery tweaks, 360 rotation, and CyanogenMod features. Following are all the steps to flash Candy5 Android 5.1.1 custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 model M919.
Prerequisites to update T-Mobile Galaxy S4 M919 to Android 5.1.1:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on Samsung Galaxy S4 M919; kindly do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices.
How to update T-Mobile Galaxy S4 to Android 5.1.1 Candy5:
Here are the steps to update T-Mobile Galaxy S4 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based Candy5 custom ROM.
- Connect your Galaxy S4 M919 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Candy5 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 M919 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.