How to Fix iTunes 12 Syncing Failures with iOS 8 – iOS Tips and Tricks
There have been a lot of complaints about syncing failure and other problems with iTunes 12 after users upgrade to iOS 8. Here are a few steps to quickly fix iTunes 12 syncing troubles.
Fix iTunes 12 syncing issues:
Numerous threads on Apple Support Communities indicate a huge number of users tackling with syncing issues with iTunes 12. These iTunes issues are mostly related to syncing tasks including syncing data between iOS devices, between iOS devices and computer, and even while syncing music. The problem seems to be associated with iOS 8 as many have reported facing these issues after upgrading to the latest OS (including iOS 8.2).
Here is how to fix iTunes 12 syncing issues with iOS 8 and latest updates:
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update to update your iOS device to the latest iOS software update
- Also using the Updates tab in App Store, update iTunes to the latest version.
- Once updated to the latest versions, connect your iOS device to your computer and launch iTunes.
- On the top left, click on the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch icon.
- Uncheck Sync with this iPhone/iPad/iPod touch using Wi-Fi
- Also uncheck Automatically sync when this iPhone/iPad/iPod touch is connected and click on the Apple button.
- Quick iTunes and disconnect your iOS device.
- Restart your iOS device and launch iTunes again.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch back to your computer.
- Now, check Sync with this iPhone/iPad/iPod touch using Wi-Fi and Automatically sync when this iPhone/iPad/iPod touch is connected.
Hopefully, after going through these steps you will be able to fix iTunes 12 syncing issues with iOS 8 like several other iOS users. Let us know if this worked for you; don’t forget to write if there are any other fixes that may have helped you getting through this issue.
– Source: OSXDaily