Enable Slideshow in Windows 10 on Battery – Windows 10 Tips
This Windows 10 beginners guide will help you enable Slideshow in Windows 10 and have it run even when your computer is not plugged in.
How to enable Slideshow in Windows 10:
Having Slideshow on your computer helps you get new looks on the desktop as the operating system changes the wallpapers after every few minutes or hours (as set by the user). Here is how to easily enable Slideshow in Windows 10 and have the OS change the wallpapers even when on battery. Slideshows only work when your computer is plugged in, as a default setting. Before enabling Slideshow, you will have to create a folder carrying all your favorite wallpapers. Either create a new folder and name it as Slideshow folder or use a OneDrive folder.
- From Start Menu > click on Settings.
- Go to Personalization > and click on the Background tab on the left hand menu.
- In the Background drop menu, select Slideshow.
- You will now be asked to select your album from where Windows 10 will repeat the wallpapers.
- Click on Browse to locate the Slideshow Folder that you have created.
- Now set the time interval after which the wallpaper would be changed to a new one. Go to Change picture every and select your time preference from 1 minute to 1 day. If you don’t want to see a new wallpaper every few minutes, you can go for a day’s interval to have a new wallpaper to help you start your day with new looks.
- You can also decide if the wallpapers should fill the screen, show in tiles or stretch. Select whichever is your preference.
Now are the steps to have the slideshow run even when your device is not plugged into the power source. We wouldn’t recommend this setting as slideshows have often been tagged with increased battery usage. However, it’s totally up to you and might be a helpful trick if you have only set the slideshow to change the images after an entire day’s interval.
- Right-click on the Start menu to get access to some power tools.
- Click on Power Options which will take you to control panel settings.
- Now, click on the Change plan settings link.
- Click on Change advanced power settings.
- In this new window, scroll down to Desktop background settings and expand it.
- Under this tree, click on Slide show and change On battery to Available. This option is set to Paused by default.
- Click on OK to confirm the changes.
- And ta da!
Now you can enjoy brilliant new wallpapers on your Windows 10 powered computers, laptops or Surface tablets even when they are running on battery. You can always trace your steps back to set a different interval time or disable the slideshow on battery.
Note: Windows 10 beginners guides are written to help newbies play around the latest operating system and get the most out of its new and old features. You can access them here.