E3 2014: Maxis Shows Off The Sims 4 Build Mode and Character Creation – Customization and Sims Traits Detailed
Maxis showed off the latest trailer of their upcoming life simulator The Sims 4 detailing the basic concepts around the build mode and character creation. Being the fourth installment in the much loved “Sims” franchise and being in development by the same studio who created the previous games, Sims 4 is going to set a new landmark in show-casing real-life scenarios in brief detail and depth.
The Sims 4 E3 Gameplay Trailer:
Maxis Shows Off The Sims 4 Build Mode and Character Creation
“The Sims franchise has the best fans in the world and their passion and enthusiasm is at an all-time high,” said Rachel Franklin, VP and General Manager of The Sims Studio. “Those millions of voices will fuel our development process, helping The Sims 4 to be the most ambitious and the best game our studio has ever made. We can’t wait to see our fans reaction when The Sims 4 comes out in autumn 2014.”
The Sims 4 has been redesigned from the ground up featuring new ways to customize and create your characters and houses. EA has previously shown off several trailers of the new creation mode where users will now be able to build Sims in just a new simple steps rather than having to navigate through different menu sliders just to get the right makeup or body complexion going on. Each region of the body and face is highlighted and could be dragged in or out until you get the right size and tone set for your Sims. Its a neat new way and keeps the fundamentals of the creation mode intact while adding in more simplicity and new features.
Same goes for the build mode which has been simplified and updated to the next iteration with features like drag construct which will allow the entire build to be moved at once and you can drag the walls to add in space for another room. Their are several rooms available fully furnished which saves the hassle of decorating an entire room with furniture and paint incase you don’t have the time to go through all that.
The Sims 4 relies on a complex AI system with each Sims showing close to life simulation and the addition of new traits and genetics reflects each individual Sims that’s created in the game. The Sims 4 also makes use of the new emotions features which affects the Sims and the way they react to their weaknesses and likes. There are several videos of these new feature which can be found at the end of this post.
The Sims 4 officially arrives on the PC on Windows and Mac OSX platforms in fall 2014. You can find the Pre-order links in the following page – http://www.thesims.com/the-sims-4 which comes with bonus content such as the Get Life of the Party and Up All Night DLCs for $59.99 US.
• New Sims – Create and control more intelligent, more relatable, and emotionally rich Sims.
• Intelligence – Your Sims move and act more naturally than ever before, from multitasking to expressing their emotions by the way they walk. Choose the personalities of your Sims, select their aspirations, and explore the depth of their lifelong goals through your Sims’ thoughts, social skills, careers, and memories.
• Emotional Depth – For the first time, Sims feel and express emotions. Your Sims can experience a diverse range and depth of emotional states and are influenced through other Sims, actions, events, memories, or even by the clothing and objects you choose. Emotions offer you more choice by giving you the opportunity to create richer stories with even more possibilities.
• New Creative Tools – Create A Sim and Build are more powerful, intuitive, and fun than ever before. You have the freedom to sculpt Sims with tactile precision. Effortlessly construct the home of your dreams with the all new room-based Build Mode.
• Vibrant Neighborhoods – Chose among brilliant and diverse lots for your Sims to live in. Vivid visuals bring your Sim’s home to life.
• Rich Rewards – Earn new objects, outfits, and traits by completing events, discovering collectables, and unlocking achievements.
• Share Your Creations – Share your Sims’ households with your friends and the community. Download community creations for an all-new look.