Dragon Quest Heroes 2 Leaked by Best Buy, Will Have Online Coop
A Best Buy listing inadvertently reveals the Western release date for Dragon Quest Heroes 2, after this sequel launched in japan on May 27th, 2016. It looks like Best Buy may have jumped the gun by posting up a listing for Dragon Quest Heroes 2, published by Square Enix.
The listing on Best Buy doesn’t have much to it, just a box art and a screenshot. What it does have is a brief game synopsis and a list of new features coming to Dragon Quest Heroes 2, like four-player online co-op; according to Japanese reviews, it also supports cross-save and cross-play between PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PS Vita.
Embark on an adventure across new lands in Dragon Quest: Heroes 2 for PlayStation 4. This second installation lets you battle random monsters and find invitation stones to unlock new areas of play. Play Dragon Quest: Heroes 2 in single-player mode, or invite three friends to join the journey in multiplayer mode.
New world, new story & new adventures:
- Transform into a monster and battle as one of them
- Over 20 playable characters each with unique moves and abilities – including a host of familiar faces from the Dragon Quest® series and four brand new heroes that must team up to defeat an unknown threat looming over the Seven Realms
- Change your vocation and play in any fighting style with a variety of magic & weapons
- Band together in cooperative multiplayer to conquer swarms of enemies and defeat challenging boss monsters
- For 1 player or up to 4 players in online multiplayer mode
The listing also shows the release date for Dragon Quest Heroes 2 to be set for April 25th, 2017 on PlayStation 4. Be sure to check our review of Dragon Quest Heroes and get our thoughts of the quirky hack ‘n’ slasher.