Download And Install Google Ears App In Any Country (Guide)
Google Ears, the song recognition app for Android from Google, has now been hacked to perform on any device running Android Ice Cream Sandwich or higher. For those who aren’t aware, Google Ears is a service similar to Soundhound and Shazam. Shazam and Soundhound are honored with premiering on-the-go sound recognition along with various advance and highly useful features. One great feature of this app by Google is that it let’s you quickly bag the song in your music collection through the Google play store.
However, like always, this service is “officially” restricted to certain carriers and geographic locations. Unofficially, you can get the app and run it on your Android device without any trouble! So far the success of running Google Ears, the unofficial way, has been echoing from corners of India, Germany and Canada.
The awesome workaround was discovered by manumanfred, Senior XDA member, who inquisitively copied the app to his phone’s system/app/ folder and changed the permissions. The result was promising as he was able to get Google Ears working in Finland; a country where this service isn’t available otherwise.
According to XDA News Portal, the functionality of Google Ears is also a part of updated Google search. However, its availability is still confined to various carrier and geographic barricades.
So how do you get Google Ears up and running on your Android device running ICS or higher in a non-supported country? For those who have been side loading apps, the answer is to download the app’s apk and install it via any file manager. And for the rest of us, please follow the guide below:
- The first step is to download Google Ears app apk for unsupported countries.
- Once you have the app, connect your Android device to the computer and copy the app to your phone.
- After this, download any great file manager from Google Play Store ( Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer).
- Once you have the file explorer on your phone, tap to launch it and navigate to the location where you copied the Google Ears app apk.
- Now simply tap on the Google Ears APK and follow on-screen instructions to install it on your phone.
- Once the installation is complete, you will be able to see Google Ears app icon in your phone’s drawer.
- Tap on the icon to check if the installation works.
In case it worked and you are able to identify songs, then great job and enjoy the app. For more information on the app and to see what the results are, head to the official XDA app thread posted here.
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.