While there are not many choices when it comes to custom ROM options for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110, Blackbean Custom Rom is one of the better options available. The ROM will provide you with a customized flavor of latest Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware. The ROM is based on AOKP and CM10 ROM. While this update is available via KIES and it is recommended that you get it from there.
Disclaimer:This guide will teach you to flash an unofficial ROM on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Download and Install Android 4.2.1 Blackbean Custom Rom on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110
- Connect your tablet with the computer via USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded files into your tablet’s internal SD card.
- Power off your tablet. Wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete switch off.
- Put the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 in Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power button until Samsung Galaxy logo appears in tablet screen. Wait for a few seconds and you will be in download mode.
- Select ‘wipe data factory reset’
- Choose ‘install zip from internal sd card’
- Do the same with the ‘update’ file.
- ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ & ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’
- Install Google Apps package, by doing the same
If you have followed every point described in the guide, your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 should now be running Android 4.1.2 Blackbean Custom ROM. If there are any issues, feel free to post in the comments section for our staff to take a look at it.