Download And Install Android 4.2 JellyBean CodeFireX ROM On Nexus 4
Google Nexus 4 is the Android 4.2 Jellybean flagship device that has managed to gain a massive fan base since its release. The phone has been praised due to its swiftness and stability. We also did a wrote up on rooting your Google Nexus 4 couple of days back and the good news is that ROM chefs are already in the process of brewing up some great AOSP 4.2 based custom ROMs.
There are couple of ROMs available for the Nexus 4, but Official CodefireX 4.2 Android 4.2 Jellybean got our attention. The ROM has been developed in collaboration by exists, Bananagranola and codefireX 4.2. The ROM is based on the official Android 4.2 Jellybead AOSP source code and you can easily switch between custom looks to pure AOSP or vanilla experience easily.
The ROM is pretty much good to go as your daily driver on the Nexus 4. However, according to some initial ROM flashers and commentators, there are some negligible bugs. As the development on the codefireX 4.2 series of ROMs has just started for the Nexus 4, so we can rest assured that these small glitches will be cleared in upcoming releases. Since there is a consistent development support for this Nexus 4.2 ROM, so we believe that ROM updates won’t take long to emerge.
Before installing this ROM, it is pertinent to mention that ROM flashing can cause your phone to brick. Although most of the ROMs today are virtually brick proof, but it is always recommended to be cautious since it will be your own responsibility if anything goes wrong.
Here is the step by step guide to install Android 4.2 Jellybean based custom CodeFireX ROM on your Nexus 4:
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your phone along with ClockworkMod recovery installed. In case you don’t have root until now, then you can head to the Nexus 4 root and CWM thread posted here and get yourself root as well as ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Now download the CodeFire X Android 4.2 Jellybean Custom ROM for Nexus 4 from here and copy it to your phone’s memory.
- Once done, use ROM manager or the relevant key combination to reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- After you are in the recovery mode, wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Once the wiping is complete, use the Install Zip from SD Card option to flash the ROM file you earlier copied to your phone.
- Once done, wait for the ROM to flash after which it will auto reboot.
And there you go! You now have a custom jellybean 4.2 ROM running on your Nexus 4. In case you are stuck, please head to the official XDA thread to get some hands on developer support.
Update: It just came to our notice that many of you aren’t able to get this ROM flashed via CWM. Until the developer fixes this, it is recommended that you try some other Android 4.2 Jellybean custom ROMs for the Nexus 4. A list of such ROM is provided below:
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.