Cyanogen Mod is a well known name when it comes to Android, CM is easily the most popular ROM for your Android phone and now a stable version of V7.1 has been released with added support for many devices and new features. First off, Cyanogen Mod 7.1 now supports a total of 68 devices with support for the Evo 3D, Optimus 3D and HP Touchpad expected in the future among other devices. There are some new features in V7.1 aswell, as detailed below.
- Bluetooth mouse support
- revoking app permissions
- camera touch-to-focus
- native screenshots in the power menu
- upgraded kernel and Android v2.3.7
- Support for launching apps via gestures in the background
- Screenshot feature via power menu
- Mute camera shutter option
- Improve album-artist support in media scanner
You can view the complete changelog for V7.1 here.
Other than the changelog, Cyanogen now supports:
- HTC Desire S, Incredible S, Incredible 2
- LG Optimus 2X and T-Mobile G2x
- Motorola Backflip (Motus), Cliq / Cliq XT, Defy, Droid 2, Droid X.
- Samsung’s Captivate, Fascinate Mesmerize, Showcase, Vibrant, Galaxy S, Galaxy S2(multiple carriers)
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X8, Xperia Mini, Xperia Mini Pro, Xperia Neo, Xperia Play, Xperia Ray, Xperia Arc
- ZTE V9
And lastly, one more thing, there will be no Cyanogem Mod 8, the next version will be CM9, which will release after Android Ice Cream Sandwich, the next release of Google’s mobile operating system has been launched and the code has been made public by Google.