Since the dawn of Galaxy Note II devices, the developers and modding community hasn’t been at comfort in dealing with the device. It isn’t because they are any less efficient, but it has been mainly due to vague documentation of Exynos processor.
However, where there is a well; there is definitely a way! And Samsung Galaxy Note II developers, specific to the AT&T versions, have discovered ways to get their stuff working. According to some latest developments, madmack, senior XDA developer and Android hacker, has managed to port the Android 4.1 JellyBean CyanogenMod 10 on AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II.
As per the developer himself, most of the stuff is working and this ROM can happen to be your daily driver if you don’t need the Stylus. The stylus compatibility is still being worked on and we believe that soon this build will be escalated to a version that will include Stylus compatibility as well. But so far, Radio, audio, Wi-Fi, GPS and other necessary stuff works fine. And the developer also adds that the carrier free Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 CM 10 repositories were used to compile this build.
Moving from here on, you understand that any ROM flashing, hacking or modding work you undertake on your Android device is solely your own responsibility. Although flashing a ROM is harmless nowadays, but still incorrect approach can lead to bootloops etc.
Here is the step by step guide to install unofficial Android 4.1 Jellybean CyanogenMod 10 on AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II.
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your Samsung Galaxy Note II (AT&T version) along with TWRP recovery installed. In case you don’t have root, then you can head to the CF-Root thread for AT&T Galaxy Note II posted here to do the deed. If you are still lacking TWRP recovery, please visit this XDA thread.
- Once you have root on your device along with TWRP flashed, download the unofficial CM 10 Android 4.1.2 JellyBean ROM for AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II from here and save it on your desktop for the ease of access.
- After you have downloaded and saved the ROM zip file, connect your Note II to the computer and copy the ROM file to your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone from the computer and reboot into TWRP mode.
- After you are in the TWRP mode, use on-screen option to Wipe System
- Once the wiping process is complete, use Install ROM file option to install CM 10 build on your Note 2
- Wait for the flashing process to complete and reboot your device after it is done.
And that’s it! Once your AT&T Galaxy Note II reboots, you will be ready to enjoy the awesomeness of CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1.2 Jellybean. In case you are stuck or need some more information straight from the ROM compiler, please head to the official XDA ROM thread provided in Step 2 of the flashing procedure.
All credits for this tutorial and ROM go to Madmack and CM team.