Download and Install Flash Player For Android 4.1 / 4.2 Jellybean [Complete Guide]
In case you are a Flash junkie and can’t live without it on your Android phone, then there is some interesting news for you! You can now easily download and install Flash player for Android 4.1 and 4.2 Jellybean easily! Recently Adobe left many of us wondering about the future of Flash on Android devices by cutting out all support for it on further Android versions. These “further” Android operating system versions start from Android 4.1 Jellybean and that is what most of us are using on our phones at the moment. The Android 2.3 Gingerbread and Froyo driven phones and tabs are safe because Adobe isn’t phasing out their support any time soon. However, since most of us like being upgraded to Jellybean, so we can’t really stick to outdated OS version just for the sake of our ability to view flash content.
Stempox, Recognized Contributor and senior XDA member, recently released a complete tutorial on downloading and installing Adobe Flash player for Android devices that have taken the plunge into Android 4.1+ Jellybean operating system.
In order to get Flash going on your Android phone running 4.1 Jellybean, you will need to have the ability to download an APK file followed by installing it on your phone. Yes, that’s pretty easy and any Android user can easily handle it without trouble. It is also worth mentioning that this procedure of getting Flash on your Android 4.1 Jellybean powered phone is for everyone. You don’t need to to root on your phone or any extraordinary skills to push files into the system.
We believe that you have read enough and without further ado, here’s the step-by-step guide for installing Adobe Flash Player on your Android device running Android 4.1 Jellybean or further.
- The first step is to download the latest Flash Player version for your Android phone. Below is the list of all Flash player versions but it is advised to get the latest one provided at the end of the list. In case the latest file bails on you and you are unable to run flash content on your Android device, then you can go for the earlier ones for sure.
- Download Flash Player for Android 4.1 Jellybean Version 11.1-111115012 APK file
- Download Flash Player For Android 4.1 Jellybean Version 220.127.116.11 APK File
- Download Flash Player For Android 4.1 Jellybean Version 18.104.22.168 APK File
- Download the latest Flash Player For Android 4.1 Jellybean Version 22.214.171.124 APK file release on 6th November 2012.
- Once you are done downloading the latest Flash player file for Android 4.1 Jellybean, connect your phone to the computer and move the downloaded APK file to SD Card root.
- After you are done moving the APK file to SD Card, disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Now logon to Google Play Store and download Astro File Manager or ES File Explorer ( Or any other File Manager of your choice).
- Once the file manager of your liking is installed on your phone, tap to open it and use in-app instructions to install the APK file.
- After the installation is complete, you will have Flash player duly installed on your Android device running 4.1 Jellybean OS.
- Now log on to Google Play store again and download Dolphin Browser HD version 8.5.1 APK which supports flash. If you are unable to locate this version of Dolphin Browser HD, please use the following link to get it via alternative method.
- Once you have the compatible Dolphin HD browser installed on your phone, tap to launch it and check the availability of flash content via opening various flash-based content sites.
- If you are able to see the content, flash videos and play flash based games, then you gave done it successfully!
So that’s it. this is how you get your Android 4.1 Jellybean phone or tab to run Flash content on your phone. In case you are stuck or need to thank the guy who furnished this method originally, please head to the original XDA thread posted here.
P.S: There is a video guide also available to get Flash running on your Android phone. In case the above written text makes no sense to you, then head to this link and see how its done on the video.
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.