Downgrade tvOS 11 Beta to tvOS 10 on Apple TV 4 – How to
Here’s how you can downgrade tvOS 11 Beta to tvOS 10 software running on Apple TV 4 in a few easy steps.
tvOS 11 Not Cutting it For You? Downgrade tvOS 11 Beta to tvOS 10 Today
While beta software is exciting to try out, but every single iteration comes with the most obvious downside: it’s not fit for use as a daily driver. With tvOS 11 Beta, that’s the case as well. If you believe you’ve made a mistake upgrading to Apple’s new software for the Apple TV 4, then you can downgrade tvOS 11 Beta to tvOS 10 right away. But of course, you’ll be able to downgrade to the version of the firmware which Apple is currently signing. At the time of writing, the Cupertino giant is currently signing tvOS 10.2.1. So, grab the aforementioned firmware file from this link, and follow the steps outlined below as they are.
Downgrade tvOS 11 Beta to tvOS 10 – Tutorial
1. Connect your Apple TV 4 with your PC or Mac using a USB-C to USB-C cable or a USB-C to USB-A cable.
2. Once connected, make sure you download and install iTunes and launch it.
3. Select your Apple TV 4 from the top left hand side of iTunes.
4. You will see a bunch of information pertaining to your Apple TV, but click on the Restore Apple TV button while holding down the left Option key (Mac) or the left Shift key (Windows).
5. As a new pop-up window shows up, just select the tvOS 10 firmware file you downloaded at the start of this tutorial.
6. iTunes will now unzip the content of the firmware file, verify it will Apple and ultimately restore your device.
The entire process will take no more than a few minutes and iTunes will immediately throw you a notification when everything is complete. Once that happens, just unplug your Apple TV 4 from your computer and plug it back to your TV. Sign in using your Apple ID and use as your normally would.
The entire process is simple to follow and only takes a few minutes if you have a solid Internet connection at hand. I will also suggest that you keep the tvOS 10 firmware file in a secure location in case you decide to upgrade back to tvOS 11 Beta.
We will be updating this post in case a new tvOS 10 firmware version is released, so you can revert to the relevant firmware version when the need arises. Until then, keep things nice and tidy in your Apple TV world.