Downgrade LG G2 to stock Android 4.4.2 KitKat – How to
If you want to downgrade LG G2 to stock Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware due to any reason, here is the guide to help you out. This guide will help you to safely downgrade LG G2 to stock Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS. The following LG G2 models are compatible with this guide to downgrade LG G2 to stock Android 4.4.2:
- AT&T LG G2
- Verizon LG G2
- Sprint LG G2
Prerequisites to downgrade LG G2 to stock Android 4.4.2:
- Backup any important data from your LG G2.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: menu > settings > developer options.
- Your LG G2 must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to downgrade LG G2 to stock Android 4.4.2:
Required files: Download latest Android 4.2.2 stock firmware for LG G2 for your LG G2 from following links:
- Stock Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for Verizon LG G2 link
- For Sprint LG G2, use this link
- Install Stock Android 4.4.2 on LG G2 AT&T from this link.
Links to download flash device DLL files:
Here are the steps to downgrade LG G2 to stock Android 4.4.2:
- Install the drivers on your computer by running the LG VZW_United_WHQL_v2.11.1.exe file.
- Next, flash the flash tool by running the Setup_LGFlashTool_188.8.131.523.exe on your computer.
- Now unzip the DLL file and the firmware file for your LG G2 smartphone on your desktop.
- Turn your LG G2 off.
- Connect it to the PC using a USB cable; press Volume Up while plugging the device.
- On your computer, open Device Manager and from COM section locate the LG entry. Right click on it and choose proprieties.
- Click on Port Settings tab and select the Advanced button.
- Change the COM port number to CM41 and close the window.
- Disconnect LG from PC.
- On your computer, run LG Flash tool and select manual mode.
- When the flash tool prompts you, select the dll file along with the TOT files downloaded earlier.
- On the top left on LG flash tool, click on the yellow arrow.
- Enter your LG G2 to Download mode and connect it to PC again/
- The flashing process will now initiate automatically.
- When it’s done successfully, your LG G2 will reboot into stock Android firmware.
Ta da! You have successfully completed the process to downgrade LG G2 to stock Android 4.4.2 KitKat!