Upgraded to iOS 5 accidentally while enjoying an untethered jailbreak on iOS 4.3.3? Well everyone is not happy especially the iPad 2 and iPhone 4 users who have no longer access to untethered jailbreak on iOS 5. iPad 2 users are at a greater disadvantage as they don’t even have a tethered jailbreak solution for iPad 2 on iOS 5 yet. However with this little guide you can downgrade iOS 5.0.1/5.0 to iOS 4.3.3 if you had your blobs saved for your iPad 2 (GSM/CDMA) or iPhone 4 (GSM/CDMA) earlier.
After downgrading you can use JailbreakMe 3.0 to untether jailbreak your device and enjoy just like the old days. However, iPhone 4 can wait a bit more as iOS 5 untethered jailbreak is on its way for A4 based devices.
TinyCFW creates a custom firmware using TinyUmbrella so that you can downgrade to iOS 4.3.3 using iTunes. Thing that you can and cannot do with TinyCFW are as followed:
What TinyCFW Can do:
- It will modify an existing ipsw for an ipad2 gsm/cdma or iphone4 gsm/cdma
- It WILL modify the ipsw TO UPDATE YOUR BASEBAND TO THE LATEST!
- It will create an ipsw that you can use with TinyUmbrella AND iTunes to restore to a version of iOS that you have SHSHs for.
- It is primarily for iPad 2 iPhone 4.
What TinyCFW CANNOT do:
- A jailbreak
- An unlock
- A tool to protect your baseband.
- A tool that will restore your device to any firmware
- A tool for use with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPad, or iPhone 4S
Simply follow the steps below in order to downgrade your iPad 2 or iPhone 4 from iOS 5.0.1/5.0 to iOS 4.3.3.
Note that you require at least 2.5GB if RAM to use TinyCFW and Java installed.
Follow these steps in order to downgrade:
Step 1: Download the following files:
- iOS 4.3.3 for iPad 2 GSM or CDMA or iPhone 4 GSM or CDMA
- TinyUmbrella (Windows or Mac)
- TinyCFW from(Windows or Mac)
- iTunes from HERE
Step 2: Open TinyCFW and press the top button. Point to the iOS 4.3.3 ipsw downloaded in Step 1.
Step 3: Now click the second button so that TinyCFW will tell you the firmware and baseband versions.
Step 4: Click on ‘Save Target IPSW’ and then wait for about two minutes and you have a file called:
” Ipsw original name. bbupdate.ipsw ” (without quotes)
Step 5: Go to TinyUmbrella => Menu => Advanced options and make sure that iTunes uses Cydia servers.
Step 6: Connect your iPad 2 or iPhone 4 and put it in DFU mode.
Step 7: Point out to the custom firmware created in Step 4 in iTunes (Shift+Click Restore) in order to restore your device to iOS 4.3.3.
Once done simply browse to www.jailbreakme.com via Safari in order to untether jailbreak your device on iOS 4.3.3
Note: We are not responsible for malfunctioning of your device at any stage.