The Division 1.5 Update, Survival DLC To Launch Next Week On PC And Xbox One
PC players have been able to test the upcoming The Division 1.5 update, which brings a variety of changes and fixes, as well as the Survival DLC, which promises to spice up the experience with some brand new mechanics. Now, we have finally learned when all PC and Xbox One players will be able to enjoy the new content.
The Division 1.5 update and the Survival DLC will both release on PC and Xbox One on November 22nd. As it was for previous additional content, PlayStation 4 players will be able to get the Survival DLC starting next month.
The Survival DLC promises to spice The Division quite a bit with a roguelike play mode where players will have to deal with hunger and cold as well as permadeath.
- 2 game modes PvP Survival OR PvE Survival – Groups can meet on the map and help each other but not kill each other in PvE mode.
- PvP mode gives you 20% more points for your final Survival score that gets transfered into sealed caches
- 24 players on the LZ map
- WHEN YOU DIE ==> GAME OVER! (you can be revived from the downed state)
- Hunger, cold mechanics
- There are Landmarks on the big map – but the mini map is deactivated
- You are sick and need to extract yourself
- You start with a pistol only and with no / bad gear
- Clothings have a ‘cold’ rating that protect from the blizzard
- Crafting plays an important role
- There are ‘hideouts’ – like apartments (those are not safe house)
- There are crafting benches in the hideouts
- You need to build a new mask / virus filter when you want to enter the DZ / contaminated zones
- On the borders of the map the enemies are weaker and get stronger when you move closer to the center of the map.
- No need to be L30 to play Survival – Just need access to the BoO
- No link to World Tier – every player plays as the same difficulty level (you start with a simple green pistol) and work your way up.
Details on the 1.5 update have also been made available not too long ago, and you can learn more about them by going here.
The Division is now available in all regions on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The 1.5 update and the Survival DLC will launch next week on PC and Xbox One, with the PlayStation 4 release following next month.