Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition Comes to PS4, Xbox One and PC in the Summer
Capcom has just released the first trailer and screenshots for Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, coming to the west this Summer. As we have just earlier today reported that Japan already received a specific release date of June 18th for pS4 and Xbox One, and June 24th for PC.
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition will run at 1080p 60 FPS
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition will run at 1080p and 60 FPS on consoles, three new game modes, and three new playable characters, Virgil, Trish and Lady.
Capcom revealed the following details for the game:
- Critically acclaimed action tailored for next-gen – The game now supports a 1080p resolution with striking high-res textures, while retaining the original title’s smooth 60fps on next-gen consoles.
- Largest roster of playable characters to date – In addition to the return of Nero and Dante, now Vergil, Trish and Lady are playable with each of their own distinctly different playstyles.
- Vergil – Based on his rendition in Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition, combined with elements of his playstyle from DmC Devil May Cry, this is the definitive version of the character. New combat mechanics are also introduced that complement his icy attitude and flawless style. Vergil is playable on any mission.
- Lady – Playable for the first time in the series, Lady specializes in long-range, firearm-based combat. Her signature weapon, the Kalina Ann, features a grappling hook which allows her to easily traverse environments. Lady is playable on Nero’s missions.
- Trish – Trish does away with the need for weapon switching, making skillful use of the versatile Sparda sword, her pistols, and her bare hands in a variety of inventive ways. Trish is playable on Dante’s missions.
- Legendary Dark Knight Mode – Take on the challenge of fighting hordes of enemies all at once, putting their combat skills to the ultimate test. In this mode, enemies spawn in greater numbers and with more strength and vitality, allowing players more time to execute longer, more exciting combos.
- Rebalanced combat system – Changes have been made to improve the game tempo and gameplay balance.
- Bonus costumes – New costumes and skins have been added and are designed to be completely compatible with in-game cutscenes, bringing a fresh new look to the campaign.
You can view the screenshots and artwork, as well as the trailer below:
We will bring you any new information as well as a specific release date as soon as it becomes available.