[Update – Official Announcement & Trailer] Destiny 2 Leak Confirms PC Version
The official reveal (CGI) trailer is now live. Activision also confirmed the leaked September 8th release date.
You may already pre-order here and in doing so, secure a spot in the upcoming beta. The official FAQ clarifies there’ll be an open beta, though. There’ll be a gameplay premiere live streamed on May 18.
- Dramatic, Cinematic Story and Missions with Relatable Characters
- New Worlds and Stunning Environments to Explore with Action, Adventure and Discoverable Rewards
- Gameplay Activities for All Types of Players: New, Returning, Casual and Competitive
- Competitive PvP Gameplay with New Maps and Modes
- Customize Your Character with More Options Than Ever Before to Enhance Your Abilities
Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg said:
Destiny was the biggest launch of a new console video game franchise ever. Along with our incredibly talented partners at Bungie, we are focusing on making Destiny 2 even better, with state of the art first person action, an awesome new story, great characters, and thoughtful innovations that make the game more accessible to all different kinds of players. We’re also bringing Destiny 2 to the PC platform for the first time. Destiny 2 will make an already great game franchise better than ever.
Bungie CEO Pete Parsons said:
The past three years have been incredibly inspiring and rewarding for Bungie. To know that millions of players around the world have forged lasting Destiny memories and even made it their hobby is truly humbling and we can’t wait to continue the journey. We are looking forward to sharing a fresh, inviting story, and with the upcoming Destiny 2 Beta slated for this summer, we are eager to get feedback from millions of players around the world who will get a glimpse of the new adventures that will unfold for all of us. Together, with our partners at Activision, we are thrilled to get Destiny 2 in the hands of players in September.
A fresh Destiny 2 leak just appeared on Reddit, courtesy of Spanish fan site UniversoDestiny who got it from a Spanish retailer. There’s a lot of stuff in this Destiny 2 leak, including a brief description of the game and the content of the Collector’s and Limited Edition.
Finally, the box art below definitively confirms that Destiny 2 will launch on PC, too.
From the creators of Destiny, a highly acclaimed game, the extremely anticipated sequel is coming up. A first person action shooter that places you in an epic adventure through the Solar System.
The last city on Earth has fallen before an overwhelming invasive force under Ghaul, the towering commander of the Red Legion. Guardians are running out of power, and the few survivors have left. You will venture in mysterious, uncharted worlds from the Solar System to discover devastating weapons and combat abilities. In order to defeat the Red Legion and face Ghaul, you will need to gather the surviving heroes from the City and fight back together to claim back home.
The Collector’s Edition will include:
- Destiny 2 game
- Expansions I and II including quests, coop activities, multiplayer content and tons of armor and gear (idk the pricing but seems it’s basically the same as Destiny 1)
- Legendary sword DLC
- Legendary emote DLC
- Cabal empire emblem DLC
- “Frontier” physical bag you can carry around with a 15″ tablet pocket
- “Frontier” kit including USBcharger with solar panel
- A paracord
- A solar rug
- Limited edition steelbook
- Collector’s edition cabal themed premium box, including a notebook, a map, and collectibles such as postcards and “pawns from the Empire”
The Limited Edition, on the other hand, comes with:
- Destiny 2 base game
- Expansions I and II
- The previously explained DLC
- The steelbook
- The premium box and all the stuff inside
Later today, Bungie will reveal the full Destiny 2 reveal trailer at 10AM PST.