4X Dawn of Andromeda Enters Early Access with Brand New Trailer
Greywolf Entertainment’s 4X space strategy game, Dawn of Andromeda, enters Steam Early Access. Publisher Iceberg Interactive also released a trailer in celebration of the news.
Dawn of Andromeda allows players to explore the galaxy’s hidden dangers as they come across strange new worlds and civilizations.
Here’s what you can expect to find in the Early Access build of Dawn of Andromeda according to the press release:
- Explore, expand, exploit and exterminate in this real-time space strategy game, featuring real-time combat in a dynamic and ever-evolving galaxy
- New factions and characters can join the fray mid-game; artifacts, ruins, anomalies and a huge variety of fascinating elements are scattered throughout the galaxy and can yield new research opportunities. Various characters such as outlaws, merchants, travelers and others roam the galaxy.
- Asymmetric gameplay. Not all races discover space travel at the same time, some may have yet to discover it, some may have already built a mighty empire, and some races may be naturally stronger than others. However if you’d rather prefer a traditional 4X experience and start an entirely symmetric game, it’s up to you
- Pre-designed, customizable and randomly generated races, each with their own unique backgrounds and traits
- Accessible gameplay, featuring a highly-intuitive User Interface
- Eras; unique scenarios, each with a pre-designed galaxy and background stories which you can play as one of the existing factions, each with their own victory conditions, traits, challenges and ongoing conflicts and relationships (Not Available at the start of Early Access)
- Research incredible technology, from weapons so powerful they can destroy an entire planet, to Dyson Spheres
- Explore ruins, anomalies and much more. You may even find artifacts you can study, projects you can start and come across interesting events and quests you can take on
- In-depth diplomacy system. Make allies and enemies, but beware, each action you take can change how the rest of the galaxy will view you. Destroying an entire planet, or just praising or denouncing another race, can have a deep impact on the balance of the entire galaxy
- Reduce micromanagement by appointing governors to your colonies and council members to your empire, all of whom can be leveled up. Each come with their own unique traits, happiness, and experience
- Multiple, customizable victory conditions, which can even be set to vary for each faction, changing how each faction operates and making for unpredictable friends and foes
Mike Domingues, lead developer at Greywolf Entertainment, talks about the next step for Dawn of Andromeda:
We are delighted to finally have arrived at a point where we feel we are ready to show Dawn of Andromeda to the world. The journey isn’t over yet, and we are eagerly waiting for feedback from a wider audience to make sure we release the best game possible.
Dawn of Andromeda is now available on Steam Early Access at $24.99.