Far Cry Primal Day One Patch Adds Expert Mode, Fixes And Tweaks
Far Cry Primal, the new entry of the series developed by Ubisoft, is now available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Like pretty much all modern games, the new game from the European publisher has received a day one patch which introduces some new features as well as plenty of fixes and gameplay tweaks.
The biggest addition of the Far Cry Primal day one patch is Expert Mode, a new difficulty setting which seems like it will put players’ skills to the test, as it makes all enemies more challenging and main character Takkar more vulnerable to attacks.
The Far Cry Primal day one patch also includes stability and performance improvements, improved reticle display, rebalanced XP rewards and much more.
Here are the full patch notes for the Far Cry Primal day one patch.
Expert Mode Changes:
- Players’ health has been halved compared to Hard difficulty.
- Reduced players aim assist.
- AI shoots faster by 1/3
- Enemies in combat are not shown on mini map by default (they appear only if they are tagged).
- It takes the AI a longer time to “forget” you when you hide
- The aim assist box is reduced for several weapon types (bow, club, spear)
- The player damage is reduced
- Stability & Performance o Optimization and stability have been improved o Improved lighting
- Weapons & HUD o Improved reticle display
- Wildlife & AI o Improved beast companion behavior o Fixed rare animation issues o Improved visual of the mammoth when it destroys objects o Improved animal fighting behavior when triggering a fight
- Design & progression o Tweaked and balanced XP rewards o Tweaked the damage ratio of certain recipes o Improved overall balancing
- Gameplay o Improved animations of weapons on fire o Fixed issues with lit weapons during cinematics at night o Improved player navigation and small collision issues o Improved camera transition and minor collision issues on cinematics
Far Cry Primal is now available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game will launch on PC next week, on March 1st.