Corsair Neutron Series XTi Performance Takes SSD Capacity Up To 2TB
Corsair has announced its latest lineup of SATA based SSDs called Neutron Series XTi Performance, and apart from featuring decent read and write speeds, the company has catered to all enthusiasts through the release of several storage capacity models.
Corsair Neutron Series XTi Performance SSD Lineup Features A Drive With 1,920GB Of Storage
Corsair’s new lineup features a quad-core Phison storage controller with performance MLC NAND flash which are able to deliver read speeds up to 560MB/s. According to Corsair, this SSD family will be able to deliver excellent sustained performance consistency with even the most demanding of workloads. For a SATA based SSD, achieving 560MB/s sequential read speeds is quite decent, and if Corsair states that these drives can deliver long term performance, then what better way to boost speed for your PC than to invest in one of these. All features of the Corsair Neutron Series XTi Performance SSD family have been listed below:
- High Performance Quad-Core SSD Controller: Quad-core processor for top tier performance with low command latency and sustained performance.
- Exceptional transfer speeds: The Neutron Series XTi effectively saturates the SATA 6Gbp/s interface, providing sequential read speeds of up to 560MB/s, sequential write speeds of up to 540MB/s, 4KB random reads of up to 100K IOPS and 4K random writes of up to 90K IOPS.
- Consistent Performance: Very high sustained transfer rates are enabled by an expanded cache make it possible to capture and edit professional Full HD and 4K uncompressed video in real-time, as well as play PC games with absolute maximum detail levels.
- End-to-End Data Path Protection (ETEP): ETEP protects the entire data path within the SSD controller. From the host to the NAND gate, ensuring data is protected against corruption.
- Low Power Consumption: 95% less power consumption than standard HDDs means better energy efficiency for your desktop machine and longer battery life for your laptop. Also includes support for DEVSLP (device sleep).
- Power Loss Protection: Data is further protected with advanced SmartFlush and GuaranteedFlush technologies.
- Enhanced Error Correction: SmartECC and SmartRefresh features improve data retention and error correction.
- Static and Dynamic Wear-Leveling: The lifespan of the drive and its overall reliability are greatly enhanced by wear-leveling.
- Advanced Garbage Collection: Overall performance and NAND endurance are enhanced.
- Compatible with CORSAIR SSD Toolbox: Access a number of crucial software tools for getting the most out of your SSD.
Pricing, Availability, and Warranty
Corsair’s SSDs will be available to purchase immediately and will feature the following prices:
- Neutron Series XTi 240GB: $89.99
- Neutron Series XTi 480GB: $159.99
- Neutron Series XTi 960GB: $329.99
- Neutron Series XTi 1920GB: TBC
What did you think of the latest announcement from Corsair? Let us know your thoughts right away.