CyanogenMod 10.2 has been released for a plenty of Android devices in the past few days, now available for the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE i9505 too. This nightly build is one of the very early builds hence bugs and errors are expected. The AOSP based CM10.2 custom ROM will give you some good feel of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with cyanogenMod features. You can follow this step by step guide to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE i9505 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean CM10.2 custom firmware.
Prerequisites to check before you install CM 10.2 for Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 custom firmware:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Galaxy S4 LTE i9505 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 LTE; kindly do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices.
How to update Android 4.3 based CM 10.2 for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505:
Required files: download the CM 10.2 custom firmware for Galaxy S4 LTE from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect Samsung Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4 i9505 LTE.
- Boot it into recovery mode and perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CM 10.2 Android 4.3 unofficial firmware zip and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4i9505 LTE into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Congrats! You have successfully flashed CM 10.2 unofficial custom firmware based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505.