ClockworkMod Recovery 6 for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500
Custom recovery tools like ClockworkMod helps you in getting and installing custom ROM, rooting your devices and creating / restoring Nandroid backups. ClockworkMod Recovery 6 is now available for the season’s hot cake, Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone. Developed by emvno, the recovery tool is still in experimental ages but the dev has provided with the ways to flash back to stock recovery if something goes wrong with your SGS4.
We will be using ODIN to install CWM 6 on our Galaxy S4. This tool is for Samsung Galaxy S4 model i9500 so please do not try it on I9505 models (root Galaxy S4 i9505 with CF-Auto-Root). Keep following this tutorial to learn about the whole process.
Note: CWM installation works with Android 4.2.2 JB and any future updates as it’s not firmware dependent.
Prereqs before you install ClockworkMod Recovery 6 for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500:
- Back up all your important data before starting the installation process.
- Enable the USB debugging in your SGS4.
- Make sure you have USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 on your computer.
- Ensure to charge up your SGS4 to at least 80%.
Install ClockworkMod Recovery 6 on Galaxy S4 i9500:
- Turn your SGS4 off and boot into Download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Home buttons together. Then press the Power key until you see the Android bot and a triangle. Press the Power button again to confirm.
- Open Odin on your computer and connect your device while in the download mode. One of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow on successful connection.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. Next, click on PDA button on ODIN and select the CWM-i9500_EXP.tar file extracted from the earlier downloaded files. Click on Start button to initiate the installation process.
- Once the installation is finished successfully, your smartphone will reboot automatically and ID:COM box will turn green.
- When you see the home screen, disconnect your Galaxy S4 from your computer.
Ta da! Your Samsung Galaxy S4 is now flashed with CWM recovery tool. Install custom ROMs, system tweaks or just play around and have the most from your Android device.
Note: to get in to the Recovery mode, switch off your phone and then press and hold the Home and Volume Up buttons and press the Power key for a few seconds.