Struggling between choosing the perfect cellphone? can’t decide between the latest Android / Windows Phone 7 phone or an iPhone? Apple has released a new line of ad’s which follow the tag line “If you don’t have an iPhone”
these ad’s are very well made and show the advantages of owning an iPhone. So far Apple has covered the advantages of iTunes, iBooks and the App store
App Store Ad:
iPod + iTunes Ad:
All these ad’s are certainly entertaining and definitely were put out there to create competition with the touch screen mobile market, with the largest market share being dominated by Apple right now with Android catching up really fast it’s no wonder that Apple would make these ad’s to encourage people to sign up for an iPhone 4.
Google mobile just got a massive update which includes many new features and even brings in a name change. Now called the Google Search App. The update introduces the following features: An original user interface with rounded corners along with better backgrounding support, swipe movements on the screen to access settings and search options, An Updated help screen, Google Goggles support for iPod touch and iPhone 3G and plenty of Bug fixes. You can find the QR code to download the app above and don’t forget to check out the video of the app in action after the break.
Apple Senior Vice President Phil Schiller just announced (kinda) that the elusive white iPhone 4 will be available this Spring. He answered a question asked by one of his followers about where he could get a white iPhone 4, he therefor replied The white iPhone will be available this spring (and it is a beauty!).”
This is actually the first time Apple has been in direct contact with it’s customers and a news such as this deserves to be announced at a much bigger scales, The Twitter account has been verified and confirmed to be the VP himself in case you were wondering. Only time will tell if the VP’s words are indeed true or not.
Source: Twitter @pschiller
The real shocker comes over at the GPU end though, We expected the iPad’s PowerVR SGX 543MP2 GPU to compete competitively with NVIDIA’s Tegra 2 but according to the benchmarks the iPad’s powerhouse blows it out of the park. The GPU benchmark results are as follows:
|Apple iPad 2||Apple iPad||Motorola Xoom|
|Geometry: Textured triangles per second (millions)||29||8.69||15.1|
|Geometry: Fragment lit triangles per second (millions)||19.7||4.08||8.51|
|Fill Rate: Texture fetch texels per second (millions)||890.1||179.1||130|
|GLBench 2.0 Egypt frames per second||44||8.1||11.8|
|GLBench 2.0 Egypt FSAA frames per second||44.8||6.4||–|
Apple is recently earning a bad name for it self when launching the latest iDevice, first the iPhone 4 was plagued with the death grip and now the iPad 2 is plagued with screen bleeding issues, as you can see from the above video there is indeed a serious issue with the back light of the iPad 2.
Let’s hope that Apple addresses this issue in the upcoming future.
It’s just been a few hours since the iPad 2 went on for sale in the US of A but it seems Apple has either faced a shortage of some sort or there’s some mismanagement taking place. They extended their shipping time for new orders to 2-3 weeks which would put it even after the 25th March release taking place in over 24 countries.
So it seems if you wanted an iPad 2 now you should have pre-ordered it but no worries you just learnt an important lesson which would come in hand for the iPad 3′s big day. Market analists are predicting Apple to sell over 600,000 iPad 2s on launch which is double to the 300,000 unit launch of the iPad 1.
A Chinese retailer site iDealsChina claims to have obtained the engineering images of the iPhone 5. The device looks almost identical to the iPhone 4 except that the screen is much wider and the bezel is thinner towards the sides.
The site posted the following message on their site:
We just got what appears to be mold engineering drawings for iPhone 5. These would be used by case designers to create plastic, TPU, aluminum, silicone and leather cases. A while back we hear rumors that iPhone 5 would have a curved back but these images show iPhone 5 with the same form factor as iPhone 4 but with an edge to edge screen.
iDealsChina is also following up some the iPhone Nano rumors so we recommend you check them out. Apple is expected by many to launch the iPhone 5 and iOS 5 this summer.
iMovie is the video editing app created by Apple themselves and is one of the most popular apps in the app store. Celebrating the launch of the iPad 2 Apple launched the official iMovie app for the device. iMovie is still not available for the original iPad as it seems Apple releases the app only for devices with built-in cameras. Currently iMovie is available for the iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and now the iPad 2. The release notes are as follows:
Requirements: iPad 2, iPhone 4, or iPod touch (4th generation)
Make beautiful HD movies anywhere with iMovie, the fast and fun moviemaking app for iPhone, iPod touch, and the amazing new iPad 2. Designed for the Multi-Touch screen, iMovie puts everything you need to tell your story at your fingertips. Browse and play projects in the stunning Marquee view. Make a movie in minutes by adding video, photos, music, and sound effects. Then give it the Hollywood treatment by adding a theme, titles, and transitions. And you can share your movie with the world – right from iMovie.
Made for Multi-Touch.
• Tap to add video, photos, music, and sound effects.
• Drag to trim the length of any clip.
• Pinch to zoom the timeline.
• Slide to scrub through your project.
• On iPad, pinch vertically to open the Precision Editor.
Add professional polish with Themes.
• Choose from a selection of eight unique themes. Each theme includes a matching set of titles and transitions — and its own soundtrack.
• Instantly change themes or swap themed elements in your project.
• Titles and graphics automatically update with location data from your video.
Add photos, music, and sound effects.
• Add photos from your library, or snap a picture and drop it into your project.
• Use the automatic, face-aware Ken Burns effect, or pinch and drag to create your own.
• Choose from soundtracks that match iMovie themes, or select music from your own song library.
• Bring your movie to life with a choice of over 50 sound effects.
Record and edit your soundtrack.
• Record audio directly into the timeline.
• Adjust the volume of any video clip, song, sound effect, or audio recording.
• Loop music to fill your project.
• On iPad, view detailed audio waveforms for every clip in your project.
Share your HD movie on the web and in your home.
• Publish in HD directly from iMovie to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and CNN iReport.
• Send to the Camera Roll and share in your MobileMe gallery, in an email, or via MMS on iPhone 4.
• Use AirPlay to stream directly from iMovie to your HDTV with Apple TV (compatible only with second-generation Apple TV; requires iOS 4.3 or later).
• Transfer your iMovie project to your computer and compatible iOS devices.
Source and Download: iMovie
Today Apple released the final build of iOS 4.3 for the iPad, iPad 2, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 (GSM only), iPod Touch 3G and 4G. The first Beta for iOS 4.3 was released on the 12th of January, second released on January 19th and the third and final one was released on 1st February. The GM was released on 2nd March.
iOS 4.3 brings a lot of changes including the following:
- The ability to cancel the download/install of an app.
- Personal hotspot options for the iPhone 4 (GSM only) which are limited to the carrier.
- Airplay for third part apps.
- Multi-touch gestures for the iPad 1 and 2 which are currently developer only.
- Choosing between the mute and switch and rotation lock for the iPad’s side switch button.
- Subscription based payments for the App Store.
- Facetime and Photo Booth for the iPad 2.
- iTunes’ home sharing features and a lot of other performance and stability upgrades.
You can install the iOS 4.3 directly from iTunes or use the following links, Just download the files and open them in iTunes. Click the install button when the file opens in iTunes if promted.