Call of Duty WWII To Feature Multiple Playable Nations In Multiplayer; Mashup Of Different Factions Won’t Be Possible
Soon enough, players all over the world will be able to get a taste of the Call of Duty WWII multiplayer experience through the private beta, but there’s still a lot we don’t know about it. A few hours ago, Sledgehammer Games’ Michael Condrey revealed some additional details on it, showing how the team is trying to be as accurate to the setting as possible.
Answering some fans’ questions on the Call of Duty WWII subreddit, Michael Condrey confirmed that the multiplayer portion of the game will feature a variety of playable nations, as seen in the recent beta trailer.
Yes. WWII was a global conflict with multinational forces on both sides. We’re focused on the european theater, with a diverse ensemble cast of playable MP nations.
Additionally, it will not be possible to mix together Allied and Axis nations on the same squad in multiplayer.
Yes, Allied always plays with Allied. Axis only with Axis. You’ll never have a mashup of Allied and Axis on the same squad.
Yesterday, Sledgehammer Games provided an overview of the upcoming Call of Duty WWII private beta, revealed what players should expect to experience.
Here’s an overview on what you should expect in the Private Multiplayer Beta:
- Maps – At least three Multiplayer maps, including: Pointe Du Hoc, Ardennes, and Gibraltar.
- War Mode – Operation Breakout
- Modes – Fan-favorite modes, including Team Deathmatch, Domination, and Hardpoint.
- Divisions – Enlist in the Infantry, Expeditionary, Airborne, Armored, or Mountain Division. You are not limited to any one Division, and we encourage you to try them all!
- Progression – Players will begin at Soldier Rank 1 and rank up through a limited progression to unlock weapons, scorestreaks, equipment, and Basic Training Skills.
Here’s what you should not expect in the Private Multiplayer Beta:
- Headquarters – We’re testing the match-making of this all-new social experience, but access to this space will not be active during the Multiplayer Beta.
- Supply Drops, and Loot – These customization features that add depth and personality to your soldier will not be included in the Multiplayer Beta.
- Esports – Ranked Play, Game Battles, and our suite of competitive features will be accessible when we release in November.
- Additional content not in the Private Multiplayer Beta includes: full progression, remaining maps and modes, additional WarMode maps, and the full armory of weapons, scorestreaks, Basic Training, and equipment.
Call of Duty WWII will launch later this year on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.