Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Coming to PC/PS4/XB1 on April 7th, 2017
Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition was one of the first game reveals at yesterday’s The Game Awards 2016. You might recall that back in July we reported on four Bulletstorm remaster leaked screenshots, so it was really just a matter of time before the announcement came in.
Original developer People Can Fly is partnering with Gearbox for this occasion, which will publish the game on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on April 7th, 2017. The press release calls Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition the definitive Bulletstorm experience due to updated high-resolution textures, increased polygon counts, sterling audio, smoother framerates, and running in up to 4K resolution on PC and PS4 Pro.
Moreover, if you pre-order the game you are also unlocking the chance to play through the entire campaign as none other than Duke Nukem. Here’s a comprehensive list of the features.
• All previously-released content including all maps, modes, and more on your favorite modern platform
• New Overkill Campaign Mode where you can blast your way through the campaign by starting with an unrestricted arsenal of weapons and Skillshots
• Five brand-new levels for the score-based Echo Mode, where you can showcase your skills
• Improved presentation featuring updated models, environments, and animations all running at a smoother framerate than ever before
• Fast-paced gunplay with unique kick, slide, and leash combos
• Newly remastered audio effects
• The option to play through the entire Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition campaign as Duke Nukem, featuring a fully re-recorded script and brand-new lines from the original voice of Duke, with your pre-order.
Bulletstorm originally launched in February 2011 to positive reviews but commercial failure. Here’s an overview of the setting as well as the debut screenshots and trailer of this remastered edition.
Step into the boots of Grayson Hunt after a crash landing on an abandoned resort planet forces him to make a hard choice: survival or revenge. An exiled member of the elite assassin group Dead Echo, Grayson’s blind desire for vengeance finds his crew stranded on Stygia where he can finally confront the commander behind his betrayal—or get his team off the planet alive.
Battle your way through throngs of Stygia’s mutated inhabitants, performing masterful kills throughout the single-player campaign—or one of 30 competitive score-challenge or 12 co-operative multiplayer maps—using Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition’s unique “Skillshot” system that rewards you for executing the most creative and deadly kills imaginable.