Bloodborne – Game Details And Playtime Revealed – New Screenshots
Bloodborne, is due for release later this month, and it appears that some early owners are starting to comment and reveal some information on the title. This information comes from on Reddit and on the PlayStationTrophies forums.
While the information is spoiler free regarding the story of Bloodborne, there are some gameplay elements revealed that some might prefer to discover for themselves, so be cautious.
- Finishing the game once took roughly 45 hours (this is one user, your playthrough may vary as with any other Souls game)
- One playthrough yielded 14 unique trick weapons and 12 off-hand weapons, but there are more of both categories in the game, as the player didn’t unlock the related trophies for getting all of them. One of the weapons does not transform, but does something “very cool.”
- The player found 19 full sets of clothes/armor, some of which are light armor. He also found pieces that did not match the sets.
- Weapons can be upgraded up to +10. Weapons are upgraded at a workshop near the fireplace at the Hunter’s Dream.
- Each weapon feels unique, and they are very varied.
- Some armor sets have very specific uses. For instance the White Church outfit has high poison resistance, while the Ashen set has high frenzy resistance.
- Upgraded primary weapons can hold up to three blood gems that give buffs and debuffs. Cursed blood gems have very high buffs at the expense of other aspects.
- Some items can be used in a way similar to magic, and require silver bullets per use. They also require high arcane stat. Arcane also raises the drop rate from monsters.
- There’s no dynamic day/night cycle. Time of day and night is based on story progression.
- The Reddit poster mentioned that he thinks the game is a masterpiece and after finishing it once, he feels he has only scratched the surface.
- Bloodtinge raises bullet damage.
- Insight is about how much inhuman knowledge you gain during the game.
- The Mark of the Hunter is an item in the inventory that acts like the nexial binding stone/darksign in Dark Souls where you lose all you echoes and return to the dream refuge.
- You can carry four Caryll Runes in separate slots, and they boost abilities grant different effects.
Last few things I want to clarify. People were worried that there might be a graphics downgrade. I played the alpha and now the real thing, and I can tell you that the game looks even better. In the alpha I noticed that there were some unfinished rendering on character clothing and some environmental things, but now I’m looking at the clothing textures and also the environment and 80% of my time spent in Bloodborne as of now is just looking around to all the attention to detail. It’s a beautiful looking game with sublime music. You guys are in for a treat considering that day 1 is gonna improve performance as well.
Frame rate wise, its been a solid 30 fps so far and I’m already used to the control and love the speed of the game. everything you do, and what the enemies do is just at least 2-3 times faster than the previous entries.
These impressions reflect particular users’ preferences and tastes and should not be considered representative of how the game might appeal to you personally or to critics.
Below you can view some images from the game, including some trophies.
Bloodborne is stated or a March 24th release exclusively for the PlayStation 4 platform. We will bring any new information on Bloodborne prior to its release as soon as it becomes available.