Batman Arkham Knight – Warner Bros. Issues New Statement and Lists Target Areas for Fixing the PC Experience
Warner Bros. issued a new statement regarding the status of the PC version of Batman Arkham Knight.
Warner claims, that Rocksteady is now leading its “team of developers and partners as we work on the PC performance issues that players have been encountering.”
“The work is significant and while we are making good progress on improving performance, it will take some time to ensure that we get the right fixes in place. “
Warner Bros continues to list the key areas where its allocating resources in order to improve the experience:
- Support for frame rates above 30FPS in the graphics settings menu
- Fix for low resolution texture bug
- Improve overall performance and framerate hitches
- Add more options to the graphics settings menu
- Improvements to hard drive streaming and hitches
- Address full screen rendering bug on gaming laptops
- Improvements to system memory and VRAM usage
- NVIDIA SLI bug fixes
- Enabling AMD Crossfire
- NVIDIA and AMD updated drivers
The first patch for the PC version of Batman Arkham Knight, which became available yesterday, fixed a bug which disabled rain effects and ambient occlusion, but did not improve performance nor did it remove the 30fps cap. Although that is promised to follow along with overall performance improvements as listed above.
The release notes of the first PC patch are as follows:
- Fixed a crash that was happening for some users when exiting the game
- Fixed a bug which disabled rain effects and ambient occlusion. We are actively looking into fixing other bugs to improve this further
- Corrected an issue that was causing Steam to re-download the game when verifying the integrity of the game cache through the Steam client
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when turning off Motion Blur in BmSystemSettings.ini. A future patch will enable this in the graphics settings menu
Batman Arkham Knight brings the award-winning Arkham trilogy from Rocksteady Studios to its epic conclusion.
Developed exclusively for New-Gen platforms, Batman: Arkham Knight introduces Rocksteady’s uniquely designed version of the Batmobile. The highly anticipated addition of this legendary vehicle, combined with the acclaimed gameplay of the Arkham series, offers gamers the ultimate and complete Batman experience as they tear through the streets and soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City. In this explosive finale, Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city that he is sworn to protect, as Scarecrow returns to unite the super criminals of Gotham and destroy the Batman forever.
Rocksteady has released a new insider episode for Batman Arkham Knight, which brings us the latest brand new gameplay straight from E3. Featuring the Loud Predator scenario as Batman attempts to stop one of Two Face’s bank robberies. The episode continues with exhilarating chase to take down Firefly and an intense Batmobile Battle Mode face off as Batman disarms one of the Arkham Knight’s Explosives.
NVIDIA has released a stunning new video of the PC version of Batman Arkham Knight, which showcases the effects NVIDIA GameWorks brings to the title. Batman Arkham Knight pre-loads are open on Xbox Live, and we finally get to learn the download size of the title. Rocksteady also released trailers for both the Harley Quinn Story Pack and the Red Hood Story Pack, and they both feature some great gameplay glimpses of the two characters in action.
The latest trailer for Batman: Arkham Knight showcases the PS4 Exclusive Contents, and features some never before seen footage which is definitely worth a look. Rocksteady Studios have recently revealed the Batman Arkham Knight Dark Knight Returns and Batman Beyond character skins available via the Gotham’s Future Skin Pack, which will be available to all who pre-orders Batman Arkham Knight at any participating retailer.
The amazing “Those who follow you” trailer for Batman Arkham Knight revealed a new weapon called the Disruptor. This new gadget has been tailored to meet the challenges of Gotham City’s vast landscape through its long-range capabilities, and provides options that bolster Batman’s ability to control engagements like never before.
Batman Arkham Knight is available on the PS4, Xbox One and PC. We will bring you any new information as soon as it become available.